3.0 tdi inlet flap

Mat196

Reaction score
Im getting a fault with 1 of my inlet actuators not operating as it should and when its faulty the car doesnt run as it should. When its faulty its like theres no boost/power.
Ive pulled over previous and seen that the control rods on the inlet flaps are in different positions. But when i turn it the engine off and on again the problem goes away for a while, and the rods are in the same position.
What would happen if i secured the rods off the actuator but in the same position?

Im getting a fault with 1 of my inlet actuators not operating as it should and when its faulty the car doesnt run as it should. When its faulty its like theres no boost/power.
Ive pulled over previous and seen that the control rods on the inlet flaps are in different positions. But when i turn it the engine off and on again the problem goes away for a while, and the rods are in the same position.
What would happen if i secured the rods off the actuator but in the same position?

You have 2 options to fix your problem:

1) Search on eBay for “P2015 repair bracket” install and your problem will go away

2) Buy new actuator arms from Audi and your fault will go away

I went with option 1 as it makes the issue go away no matter what and is cheaper. The arms are a wear item and it is a known problem.

Cheers il order the bracket and see how i go. It's so annoying more so when it happens on the motorway and there isnt the usual power.

What is the fault code you are getting? The swirl flaps are there to improve low rpm torque. It could also be a bad actuator.

It may not be showing a warning light but if there is an issue it should still throw a fault code which can be read with VCDS, VAG-COM, OBDEleven etc.

Yes i was thinking theres a problem because the left and right banks are different. Sometimes when its playing up and under power, i pull over and if im with someone i open the bonnet and watch the rods on each inlet, who ever I'm with il ask to turn the engine off and on. When they turn it back on the rods are in the same position and move in sync when they rev it a little.

They can be out of sync depending what the engine is doing/planning on doing. Do you have a scan of it? The brackets probably won’t fix your problem

Every now and again the EML comes on and it goes away by itself sometimes. Other times i have to turn it off. I get P2011 inlet manifold runner control circuit open bank 2.

Attachments

• 20190521_203303.jpg
    20190521_203303.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 82
The brackets or link arms won’t fix this. I would check your wiring carefully, both when the engine is hot and cold.

The brackets fix an out of range error

Would getting the inlet manifold flaps mapped out fix this?