3.0 TDI exhaust sound with gutted dpf BUT with standard silencers?

TimberVD

Reaction score
For the life of me, I can't find anyone or any video/sound clip of a 3.0 TDI with a gutted DPF but with the standard back boxes? Seems like bobby singh is using the standard silencers, but different turbo and a lot of mods...

Of course, there is plenty of straight pipes, even gutted silencers with or without dpf, but none of the above?

Most seem to also fit a 3" exhaust system at the same time, but I'd like to retain the exhaust DPF back for silencing and looks. Would love to hear how it sounds.....

I have done a friends a5, we fitted a decat pipe and I cut and gutted the rear silencers. No major noise-it sounded fine in the cabin but it had a particular deep rasp when listened from outside ! We replaced the baffles with straight pieces of pipe to get the gases out quicker. The aluminised steel was a bastid to weld even with my fancy 5 grand Lincoln Electric TIG welder, the material was piercing very easily ! If I were to do one again I would just flare the outer casing and weld over without any filler material on low amps- I used 30 A and a foot pedal- which I only use with aluminium !

It's not Audi but I gutted the DPF on my SEAT 2.0 TDI and even with an aftermarket back box with twin outlet to match the BTCC rear bumper, there was still no noise coming out of the back. That was the only silencer on the whole system.
At most just an air rush noise at full throttle/rpm. But I only noticed that on the way back from the tip with the seats down ;)

Rare to find a gutted dpf with stock back boxes , as above with Chris weld in a straight through pipe in the silencers or remove totally as they're worth 10 bhp and 15 ftlb each .

Hi. I have gutted my DPF and still have untouched rear silencers. The idle is no difference, revving on the spot, no difference as the rev limiter stops it from being revved too high. Foot down under load and you can hear the V6, I want more though so will gut my back boxes soon.

I had the DPF delete map and a little tune up to 300bhp

I’m in 2.0 2010 A6 and dpf been gutted by Bobby.

I run on stock silencers and there is no increased exhaust noise.
The only noticed increase in volume was turbo.
He said it will be noticeably louder. Can’t remember why.

Planning to gut the rear boxes and fit in a straight pipe but don’t expect anything spectacular in sound return.

Hope forum user with mod you’re after would be able to answer.

Let us know

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had my car done last year by Bobby and the car sounds a little bit louder but nothing much. Mind you, I did open the inner stubs on the backbox and welded in extra pipes and it sounds just right now. :)

No droning at all, which was very important to me.