3.0 TDI Engine Fault Codes

Hey sorry didn’t reply sooner had a super busy week!

I’m not intending ok going hell for leather on anything, just the bits I’ve seen that have a visible build up carbon and I’m just looking to run a wire brush etc over it..

On a slightly different note, and a bit of a plot twist, I got the V5 through the other day and it turns out my engine is actually a BKN, not ASB

I’ve got the new T, attached to the pipe as it comes as one unit to go on hopefully tomorrow if the weather holds out as well as replacing some clips I’ve broken, then I’ll hopefully get everything back together, Juno start it as the battery is dead and then take a for a spin and hopefully all the fault codes apart from the demister are gone!

Well , told you it was a BKN to start with...…...anyway good luck with it chap...

I hadn't realised but I've just taken a look again at my VCDS outputs, and I know I am a BKN:

Address 01: Engine Labels: 059-907-401-ASB.clb
Part No SW: 8E0 910 401 K HW: 8E0 907 401 AJ
Component: 3.0L V6TDI G000SG 0030
Revision: --H01--- Serial number:
Coding: 0011911
Shop #: WSC 06325 000 00000

One to remember for future :) Apologises for the miss-identification. I pretty sure though the only difference between the BKN and ASB was the engine map to get from 203 to 233?

Good luck for tomorrow!

We'll make allowance for it this time chap , you must have been a bit tired like me and made minor technical error...lol , i'm allways making mistakes...never learn from some either...haha

Reactions: Ubor
So just to keep this thread updated, i fixed 2 fault codes and crated 1 more! The out of range codes are now gone thanks to those brackets however the turbo code still exists after replacing the MAP sensor :( The more i think about it the more its making sense to me thought, if you look at the original photos, the actuator for the turbo was tie wrapped so it's at the fully open position. When test driving the car after i changed cut the tie wraps and changed the MAP sensor it didnt go in to limp mode but there was hardly any power leading me to believe the actuator is actually goosed. So i've spoken to a few turbo places and the cheapest i can get a new actuator fitted and coded is £280 inc vat mins postage. Other than the error code, am i at risk of damaging the engine if i tie wrap the VNT open as it was previously until i can get a chance to get the turbo out and sent off?

The new fault code is the crash sensor on the pasenger side, i must have hit it when the bumper was off or i was messing about in the engine bay so i'll get a look at that this weekend, hopefully just a broken wire or something.