3.0 TDI EGR Fault

Ian Sinclair

Reaction score
Hi
New to the Forum so hope I've done this right!

I've an 08 reg 3.0 TDI auto with emissions warning light on.

Had the car scanned which came up with EGR Fault, so new EGR fitted.

Since fitting the warning light keeps coming back on and is driving me bonkers!

Scanned again and has shown EGR through put sporadic, so cleared and EGR regen performed, and everything taken apart again. Camera put into the car which shows everything including the cooler working properly.

Light back on again now and through put still not right. Hoping for anyone that has experience of these and may be able to give me any advice?

Thanks in advance

Are you getting p0401 fault? If so I've had the same problem. But finally fixed. Not sure how to post link to my thread but I've just replied to my original thread in vcds part of forum. Should probably move to this section of forum as more relevant here now.

Arad85 has kindly linked to my original thread for you. Basically i had to have a new cooler. Not sure how many miles youve done but mine was on 58k when i bought it and whilst on the long drive home the light came on. So must have been a fault before i got it. Im not 100% certain but my car may of had a cooler already as well. So very crap part which you can see from photos. Probably be more cost effective to get a remap and have egr and dpf delete and then never worry about either going wrong.