3.0 tdi CAPA remap

Natebrand1987

Reaction score
im going to map my car.

initial mods will be egr off dpf off flaps off

3" downpipe and rear box delete

and an fmic 570x270x70 2.25 ports ( i already have this from a previous build, what size are the ic ports on the 3.0 ? will i need to buy bigger ?? )

what is safe boost to run on the stock turbo ?? 1.8-2.0bar ???? in the 1.9 world we ran 3bar from 2260 so being 1/3 larger engine it would suggest 1/3 less boost ?? as the turbo will be flowing the same air but it will be being consumed 1/3 faster ??? and to what boost to what rpm , 2bar till 4k then tail off to 1.7 at redline maybe ?? ??

i guess alot of advancing fueling alot works on these engines too ? we used to advance fueling on the 1.9 alot and it worked well for power

Last edited:
just found out from karls thread its 2.5" ports..... damn... i guess ill need to buy another

That intercooler is big enough size but the intake hose connections on a 3.0 are 63mm or 2.5 inch.
When mine was remapped on the standard turbo it only ran 1.8 bar, you can run more in the mid range. It won't run anything like 1.7 bar at the red line, the problem is with the turbine size, back pressure gets very high.
Not sure you need to advance fuelling when mapping the standard turbo. With 1800 bar rail pressure and 8 hole injectors there is a lot of fuel available.

yes it looks like ill need to buy one what about a 600x300x76 will that phsically fit inbetween the crash bar supports

Yes I have seen , I have ahaf dealings with dark side in the past and they certainly know how to mark up parts prices lol

70 quid ic black stencil and some Ali pipes welded on = ££££ lol

I have the darkside intercooler on mine. With vat and delivery it was a shade over £300. And from what the guys said that fitted it, it was far from a direct bolt on. In hindsight i should have bought a universal one and had them fit that..

I've just bought this one toyosport are a half decent budget brand used them in the past they have stepped double fin cores which some I've seen don't so for the price I'm happy and its black so non chavvy ...

It's definitely needed was logging with vagcom the other day and IAT was 30c on a cruise at 70mph when ambient was 10c that is extremely poor

From what I've seen only 2 45 degree 2.5" pipes are needed to get them to fit to stock pipework relatively easy and cheap

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160416-183233.png
    Screenshot_20160416-183233.png
    1,019.3 KB · Views: 190
Removed the airbox flap today , and wrapped the charge pipe that site a mere inch above the left bank

Logs show an improvement so that's a step in the right direction

Hopefully get ic fitted next week

Fitted the new intercooler today and had the rear boxes totally deleted

Car is transformed even on a stock map feels around 15-20hp.. Logs did show IAT were silly high before tho. More responsive more powerful and the nice v6 note from the exhaust now is just right. Getting a little worried regarding fitting the 3" DP as I know it will get louder but needs must i may have to add a centre straight through box in but cross that bridge when I get to it..

Is there any guides to replacing the dpf about ? The top is straight forward but I can only see 1 bolt of the lower flange not a good start

Any pre job advice would be great

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG-20160420-WA0018.jpeg
    IMG-20160420-WA0018.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 306