3.0 tdi alignment.

amrb1

Reaction score
Right..

Where to start. Bought the car about 6 months ago, and the alignment was well out. So went to the local place got it laser aligned. So I thought all was well. But no. The car liked to pull a lot, tramlined if you will, I know from previous cars and used many a set of Michelin Pilot Sports, these tyres were prone to tramlining. So me and my old man decided to check the alignment the old fashioned way...measuring it with a custom made set up it can measure with in a thou. So we checked the tracking and it was well out...but changed it slightly, drove the car then measured it....and it was around 15mm different?! Tried this a few times setting it and so forth, but even with an 1/8 of a turn it up it out around 5-14 mm out. Only conclusion is that something is loose or worn....

Would anyone be able to give me an idea where to look?

Cheers in advance

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

What kind of home made set up do you have that can check alignment to a thou ???.
There is a lot more to tracking than toe in/out.
Did you get a proper 4 wheel Hunter alignment checking caster/ camber and thrust angles on the front and rear of the car?. What tyres and wheels are you running?. Is the car lowered? The car may have been involved in an accident and has bent suspension arms or has been bumped up a kerb hard at some time. You need to check all the suspension bushes for wear or damage.