3.0 Quattro owners !!

Around town - stop/start etc - 21.5-22.5mpg
Motorway steady at 85mph - about 24-26mpg - lower mpg at 70mph funnily enough - I think because the engine wasn't at peak torque revs at 70mph (about 2900-3000prm) so wasn't braething as well as it should.
Peak torque revs is about 3300-3500rpm.
Drove from North of England to Liege in Belgium last year at a steady 85 (peak torque revs) and got 29.5mpg...best yet!
Thrash it around and you'll see about 18mpg
Hope this helps.
Andy

Long Motorway trips 100miles+ gives 27mpg
Local trips 10-20mile, typically 23mpg

sames as monsieur le woorlord. although in -20 it's probably half that until the ****** warms up.

my combined mpg is 19 without any motorway driving but when i bought it from london and drove it to glasgow, i got 37 doing constint 80mph all the way up. just short of 1 tank.

we used to average about 24/5 with a reasonable mixture of driving

my combined mpg is 19 without any motorway driving but when i bought it from london and drove it to glasgow, i got 37 doing constint 80mph all the way up. just short of 1 tank.

37? holy ****. I've never seen that as an average mpg on mine. maybe I need a few things cleaned/replaced to get the ****** working more efficiently

37? holy ****. I've never seen that as an average mpg on mine. maybe I need a few things cleaned/replaced to get the ****** working more efficiently

he forgot to say he was on the back of a rac lorry lol..........

actually it was a AA lorry lol

i filled up in london and 400 miles later in wishaw i still had 45 miles on the range. if i'm carful, i have got 40 on the drive to work.

dear god. i've never seen anything near 40 as an average. 30 on a run but i'd need to be going downhill with a fair wind behind me to get 40 :)

tbh when i drove it from london, there was no traffic so i could keep a steady pace once on the M40 and theres no juntions to slow down for all the way to glasgow.

when i done 40 on the way to work i was driving to intentional get a high avarage. normally its about 34 combined with 4 miles A road and 13 miles on the motorway.

maybe it is possible then :) I think I'd actually get myself stressed trying to drive as conservatively as possible. I tend to drive on decent A roads here but still have quite a bit of overtaking to do and then town driving either end. I'll need to experiment and see if I can reach this fantastic 40 figure!

And folks complain about the 2.5 tdi being thirsty ! 80Mph and 40-45 Mpg average and they still not happy !!!

The Oldest B6's I have ever seen are Y reg

The 3.0 engine was never standard fit in a B5 either.

Thats true.

Side question, was there or is there ever been reports of Audi making cars with odd engines, or drive train when at the the end or start of the new model?
Like the RWD Mondeos when they was first taking over from the Sierra or Sierras being registered as late as mid 90s?