3.0 bitdi compression

The attached file is from Elsa Win, the Bi TDI runs 16.5 -1 compression so a little lower than the single turbo engines.
Upload 2016 6 11 12 42 55

Karl.

Attachments

• cgqb bi turbo compression check.pdf
    237.7 KB · Views: 989
Reactions: fingermouse
thank you , Audi are saying 4 of my cylinders are 18.8 to 19.3 so out of tolerance but 2 tuning places Ive spoken to say they wouldn`t be worried about that as they would expect 18 bar from their calculations.

Just trying to make sure I jump the right way with Audi with the work they are proposing on my car.

Are you paying for the work to be done?

Also what problems are you having with the car is it down on power, misfiring etc.

yes there is another thread all about my tale of woe but in a nutshell

Had a knocking on the car that they traced to injector 5 which they replaced FOC audi good will

Had a further noise that was a injector seal.

Car is now stuttering between 1200-2000 rpm but only if you accelerate under load. Its fine in sport as that puts it above 2k. its worst in eco mode in fact its undrivable really in eco as when you accelerate it feels like you are going over a rumble strip.

Audi reseated all the injectors which has made it better, but did a further compression test. Cylinder 5 they say is 20.6 within spec but 4 other are now reading 18 to 19.3. They say the heads need to come off as they suspect the valves are not seating. 22 hrs labour which I may or may not have to pay for depending on what they find. They say It could be a new engine !!! which I`d have a 30% to pay.

Its doing my head in now, I suspect further injector failure but they say they test ok , but thats a laptop telling them the open time.

any ideas are gratefully received

How many miles has the car done ?. Being a Bi-TDI it's not going to be that old. Are you sure the battery is strong on the car as that can affect the readings. With all the glow plugs out of the engine it should spin over at a good rate.

Its 4 years old 99500 miles. Starts lovely. Think the battery is ok. They said compression was ok 6 weeks ago when they supposedly checked them after the injector failure.

Car goes in 11th july. Heres fingers crossed. Pants down clenching hard lol ...

Its only money

Reactions: gordie1973 and jojo
Hi @fingermouse did you get this solved mate?
I have the exact same issue with shudder between 1200 and 2000 rpm. I think one of the Injector seals is leaking so fingers crossed it's just that.

Be interesting to hear if yours was fixed.

Cheers
Paul

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yes they first replaced 1 injector and was ok for a few weeks then on a eco drive on holiday it started again.

Was ok in sport but not in eco

Eventually replaced all the injectors and has been fine since.

Reactions: Buxton2901
Think 1 new and 5 old injectors threw it out of balance but they passed the audi plug in test for operating time.

Argued and came to a deal with them

Reactions: Buxton2901