2nd Time In 1.8 QTS Question Time

scotta4180

Reaction score
Taking delivery of a 1999 AJL 1.8 QTS Avant tonight. This will be my second. I owned one about eight years ago.

The car has been enthusiast owned and had lots of maintenance carried out.

Looking for some maintenance and performance tips. My wife will be using this as a daily so not looking to go mad just to add some more grunt.

I've done a little digging/research and can see that I need to swap out the diverter valve. Is there any straight forward mods to add a little more drivability. I can spanner so not scared to take on some graft.

I'm thinking straight forward maintenance to begin with and then collect some parts for the upgrading at a later date.

Looking for a safe 250 BHP. From my reading a turbo and intercooler upgrade are required. Any advice/tips are welcome. If anyone is selling upgrading parts drop me a message.

Sounds like a great buy, I just missed out on a 1.8TQS Avant on eBay it looked lovely.

Hope everything goes well with yours I'm on the hunt for one

Taking delivery of a 1999 AJL 1.8 QTS Avant tonight. This will be my second. I owned one about eight years ago.

The car has been enthusiast owned and had lots of maintenance carried out.

Looking for some maintenance and performance tips. My wife will be using this as a daily so not looking to go mad just to add some more grunt.

I've done a little digging/research and can see that I need to swap out the diverter valve. Is there any straight forward mods to add a little more drivability. I can spanner so not scared to take on some graft.

I'm thinking straight forward maintenance to begin with and then collect some parts for the upgrading at a later date.

Looking for a safe 250 BHP. From my reading a turbo and intercooler upgrade are required. Any advice/tips are welcome. If anyone is selling upgrading parts drop me a message.
I'd like to know more too, currently just have a fmic on my tqs but I'm fairly happy with the power for now. I was offered a k04 recently but turned it down because the gains would be minimal. I've read here somewhere that the tfsi k03 turbo is a better option, but a manifold would need to get custom made to mount it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk