2nd hand price difference of S3 with/without buckets

evocos

Reaction score
I was just wondering what the price difference of an S3 is that is fitted with or without buckets.

I was wondering as i have a mint S3 black leather interior,not buckets but if someone was selling a car,or part exing,if there was not much difference,i could swap interiors and give them some dosh.

Just thinking outside the box

Cheers Jules

Having a 3 door adds about £4000 to the value and makes you not gay if i remember rightly ;)

5 doors are for fudgepackers

It's funny that cos i had heard something very similar about 5 doors,ow and big hair :lmfao:

Having a 3 door adds about £4000 to the value and makes you not gay if i remember rightly ;)

5 doors are for fudgepackers

Ha nice one,i was going to put a smiley but since the forum changed all my display is messed up and they seem to be no more plus on my display everything is juggled and mixed up how can i sort this please?

Yeah mines gone funny to,if i put a smilie on,i can't add to it afterwards

My contact at an Audi dealers said the seats only add about £500 to the PX but add a lot from a desireability perspective, I think if you offered someone £750 cash and your setas they may be tempted but then again alot of people can't be bothered with the hassle which is a shame as the dealer continually wins.

Have to say they are well worth the premium and when brand ne have an almost 'matt' effect, they are lovely in every respect.

Good luck, be patient, have some money put aside and you might get lucky.

PS - 3 door cars are for hairdressers !!!

PS - 3 door cars are for hairdressers !!!

I think a 3 door says "I'm young and cool and haven't got to worry about other people - I can be my own man and don't need a mini-Estate".....

but back onto the original post - if somebody was p/x'ing their S3, I can imagine they'd be better off to "de-bucket" the car, take £1000 for the swap, as a dealer won't give £1000 for them. But selling private, it'll be easier to sell a car with buckets, so can't see that making as much sense.

As mentioned,when selling an s3 with buckets,i believe most people wouldn't want the hassle,
but if they are selling the car,as mentioned the dealer is the only winner.
I would probably give someone £800 to a grand if there buckets were in good condition and my S3 interior.:beerchug:

I would probably give someone £800 to a grand if there buckets were in good condition and my S3 interior.:beerchug:

Would be great to get a deal like that :) I noticed my S3 front seats have electric lumbar support, is this an extra for the non bucket type seats?

Cheers Davie

Would be great to get a deal like that :) I noticed my S3 front seats have electric lumbar support, is this an extra for the non bucket type seats?

Cheers Davie

I don't know,but mine also have the electric lumbar support,be good to find out if this is an extra