276 bhp S3?

Bayzoo

Glovebox Demon
Reaction score
Was just having a look at Superchips Bluefin and in their drop down it gives 3 different 8V S3's to select from... one starting at 276 bhp, the next 296 bhp and the last 306 bhp... where did the 276 bhp one come from? I thought the newest generation started at 296 bhp and this has gotten me concerned I might have the lower bhp version! My S3 is a 2014 Sportback s-tronic.

A google search does reveal some talk about this and wondered if anyone could shed any light.

Many thanks!

Guess that's for the engines in other continents mate as some variants are detuned, all 8v UK pre face lift cars have 297 bhp

Panama gets detuned S3 (ie. the lower one) due to hot climate.....but we fixed that lol

Reactions: NevMan, 4K, Bayzoo and 2 others
Interesting - is that because the extra heat could damage the standard tuned version?
I'm guessing the climate puts more strain on OEM intercooler etc. I noticed a big change when I put the APR intercooler in.

In Germany, the first batch of 8V S3's were 280PS, then 300PS and the latest FL is 310PS.

I like the way you roll cowboy.
lol.....many years ago I went to a huge nightclub in Texas....It was Valentines Day and I fell in love with this gorgeous tall blonde shot girl....anyway, as I was wandering around the club (quite drunk) wondering how I was going to get this girl to like me a very large man approached me, took off his cowboy hat and put it on my head and then said those exact words to me....he went off to the toilet and I ran for the door....and on my way I gave the girl his hat. I think I dodged a bullet lol

lol.....many years ago I went to a huge nightclub in Texas....It was Valentines Day and I fell in love with this gorgeous tall blonde shot girl....anyway, as I was wandering around the club (quite drunk) wondering how I was going to get this girl to like me a very large man approached me, took off his cowboy hat and put it on my head and then said those exact words to me....he went off to the toilet and I ran for the door....and on my way I gave the girl his hat. I think I dodged a bullet lol
Oh how long it's been since we last saw each other!!!

Reactions: NevMan and PanamaS3