New 8v Owner Questions

Phil-1

Regional Rep
Reaction score
Website
www.philseagust.co.uk
I'm collecting my new to me car on Saturday. This is the first car I have got from a dealer and the newest car.

The spec is S-Line 184hp sport back with tech pack

So I have some questions.

1. Will it come with an MMI cable
2. If not what cable do I need. I have an I phone 4S & 5
3. Are the Sat Nav maps on a DVD or SD card
4. With the car only being 12 months old will I get an map upgrades
5. Is there anything I should make sure I have in the car, what should I check

Can't wait until the weekend. I don't know how people manage to wait months when ordering a new car a week is like a lifetime :?

Thanks
Phil

Mine came with a lightning cable for the 5, although it didn't work! So make sure it works when the man sits in with you. Maps are on an SD card but you get a DVD style case in which it comes in (mine was already installed).
Dunno, you'll have to ask.
If you ordered supagard make sure they have put some cleaning equipment in
(Also check for two keys and the tax)

Luckily, when I went to order they already had a car, but I had to sacrifice the interior light pack and folding mirrors, but I also got a metallic black which looks lovely!

Good luck with the car mate, what spec you getting?

4sleeps to go Phil:) x

Reactions: Phil-1
Mine came with a lightning cable for the 5, although it didn't work! So make sure it works when the man sits in with you. Maps are on an SD card but you get a DVD style case in which it comes in (mine was already installed).
Dunno, you'll have to ask.
If you ordered supagard make sure they have put some cleaning equipment in
(Also check for two keys and the tax)

Luckily, when I went to order they already had a car, but I had to sacrifice the interior light pack and folding mirrors, but I also got a metallic black which looks lovely!

Good luck with the car mate, what spec you getting?

Thanks

Ex Audi Demo 5k miles
184hp 2.0L TDI 184 hp
Glazier white sport back S-Line
Tech pack, leather seat upgrade.
Bluetooth phone prep high

Reactions: Sandra
Make sure you get a green-collared MMI lightning cable but as already said, test before you leave (mine has worked perfectly).
Interesting question about map updates. If the car was new you would be entitled to them as free downloads but I'm not sure about used cars. At least check that you have the latest maps version on the hard drive. Tech pack only uses SD card for updates, not for the permanent storage.

Make sure you get a green-collared MMI lightning cable but as already said, test before you leave (mine has worked perfectly).
Interesting question about map updates. If the car was new you would be entitled to them as free downloads but I'm not sure about used cars. At least check that you have the latest maps version on the hard drive. Tech pack only uses SD card for updates, not for the permanent storage.

Thanks

Will check the cable and ask about the map upgrades.

Can anyone with the Tech pack confirm the following?

Sat Nav comes pre loaded and you don't get a Disc or SD card?

The Sat Nav automatically updates so you always have the up to date maps?

Thanks Phil

Can anyone with the Tech pack confirm the following?

Sat Nav comes pre loaded and you don't get a Disc or SD card?

The Sat Nav automatically updates so you always have the up to date maps?

Thanks Phil

Thought I'd already confirmed this but:
If you have tech pack you will definitely already have satnav preloaded.
You will NOT get a disc or SD card with it.
It does NOT auto update.
Buying a tech pack car from new entitles you to a number of free updates which are done by downloading from your MyAudi website. You will need your own SD card to transfer these updates to the car. It takes around an hour to load the update but this can be done while you are driving.
I am just not sure what your rights to free updates are if you by a used car. Anyone know this?

Thought I'd already confirmed this but:
If you have tech pack you will definitely already have satnav preloaded.
You will NOT get a disc or SD card with it.
It does NOT auto update.
Buying a tech pack car from new entitles you to a number of free updates which are done by downloading from your MyAudi website. You will need your own SD card to transfer these updates to the car. It takes around an hour to load the update but this can be done while you are driving.
I am just not sure what your rights to free updates are if you by a used car. Anyone know this?

Thanks
Wasn't completely sure I understood it.

Will check "My Audi" once I get the VIN number.

Also been told I will get the remaining 2 years Audi Assist so hopefully I will get free updates. Is their anyway you can check the date on the maps?

Thanks
Phil