214 or 272bhp?

razputin

Reaction score
Deciding to get rid of my A4 and get an A7 as I've always wanted one. A decent 3.0tfsi would be ideal but few about for around £25k so probably go for a 3 0tdi. As I love my toys there seems to be more 215bhp models with higher specs and in the black edition than there are 272bhp models with similar spec. So, with that in mind, what kind or realistic bhp increases would you expect to add to a 215bhp model? Just a simple remap without any mechanical modifications for example.

Ta.

Reactions: PeterT
I had a quick look at the guys I'm going to take my motor to in the future to be tuned and in their site (ecotune) they state they can tune the 3.0 TDI 218 to 320bhp.

I wish I hadn't looked as my 245 one can only be increased to 300 according to their site :disrelieved:

On the plus side for you they also state the 272 can only be increased to 320bhp also so seems like a no brainer to me.

That's a massive boost to the 218 isn't it? I'll take a look at their site. Cheers for that.

Been hearing mixed reports on the Stronic gearbox, what's your thoughts?

It sure is! I would certainly ask about a few places just to confirm but that's certainly an amazing boost.

I can only speak from my experience, I've owned my A7 for over two years now and the transmission hasn't faltered once. I've certainly nothing bad to say about the s-tronic gear box. My car has just over 70k miles and FASH which could help contribute to this.

Then I'm set, I'll just go for the biggest spec'd one and get a map if needed to get the power up a bit.

Cheers man.

Reactions: PeterT
3.0Tdi 272bhp, Black Edition, in Daytime Grey arriving Thursday. Think I'm more excited than my kids are about Santa coming

That's great news man, didn't take you long! I was over the moon when I got mine. You'll have to get some pics up when you get it

I can't wait!! I'm driving my wife mad. Daytime grey? Not sure what that is lol, but pretty sure it's Daytona Grey

Probably going to be next Tuesday now by the looks of it. Flying over to collect it and driving up to Cairnryan for the ferry home. Nice 300 mile drive to get used to it

Ha ha sounds very familiar. The cockpit is quite overwhelming at first with all the buttons, switches and lights but you'll get used to it with that journey home :smug: