1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

2021 Map Update

L_G Dec 11, 2020

1. L_G

L_G Registered User

Has anybody seen this on 'my audi' yet?

Its usually due around now

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Fozzie1960

Fozzie1960 Registered User

I've just had a look - no map updates yet.

4. psychopomp1

psychopomp1 Registered User

If you have an active Audi Connect subscription, won't your car automatically download any map updates like it does on my A6 C8?

5. L_G

L_G Registered User

Not that I am aware of, it may be different for those with the 'facelift' touch screen MIB but for the older versions most here download the Europe maps from the myaudi website and transfer to the car via usb or sd card.

6. Selwoc

Selwoc Registered User

I've been logging on to MyAudi for a few days to check for any map update. Yesterday, the 2020 map that was available to download has disappeared and replaced with the following notice, I'm guessing that a new map will appear soon.

upload_2020-12-11_17-51-34.png

7. Dingah from Downundah

Dingah from Downundah Dingah's office

Yesterday I found and updated via myAudi.com the 2020/2021 Maps for AUS/NZ.

Dingah

8. L_G

L_G Registered User

I may be mistaken, but I believe that is the mid-year update.

9. Sibmets

Sibmets Registered User

Actually they did for me - I'm from mainlaind Europe - I have active Connect subscription and car is A4 2017 and 2020 maps downloaded automatically for me around February this year. I didn't check or look for them as I use Android Auto anyways.

Audi A4 B9 3.0 TDi quattro 200 kw

10. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

On the audiworld forum they've suggested that seat/skoda/vw versions will work. Plus they've managed to update the mmi firmware..

11. Selwoc

Selwoc Registered User

The 2021 map is now showing up on MyAudi. Unfortunately I just get an error message when trying to download it.
    upload_2020-12-15_14-10-58.png

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. L_G

L_G Registered User

Thanks for that, sadly I now get this message;

You have used up your quota of free map updates. Further updates are subject to charge. To obtain the latest "digital road map, Europe version 2021" map update, please contact your Audi partner.

This does strike me as rather hash as while I am within the three years I had to use one of the "quota" because the car came with a superseded version of the maps.

As a further thought now that they have their 'web shop' operational they could use it allow people to buy the updates and install them on line rather than messing around at the dealers.

14. jds_sg

jds_sg Registered User

Just downloading these now...

Interestingly on the further information button it says that you can download and install updates as many times as you like. I thought it was 5 updates included with the Audi Connect license?

Map updates.PNG

15. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member

You can download say, 2021, map updates as many times as you like but you are only entitled to 5 different map updates...

jds_sg likes this.
  16. jds_sg

jds_sg Registered User

Oh yeah...that makes sense.

cuke2u likes this.
  17. Selwoc

Selwoc Registered User

Has anyone been able to download the 2021 map update. I'm still getting the same error message.
    ERROR
    The request could not be satisfied
    I've contacted the Audi Digital Services Team, but just get emailed instructions on how to download the same as I am trying.

18. jds_sg

jds_sg Registered User

Yes I've downloaded it, haven't installed it yet though.