2020 S4 TDI Launch Control

leedodds1

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Has anyone with a S4 TDI successfully used launch control? If so what was the sequence? I can't seem to get it working, it's just pully on the clutch when building revs.

Thanks

What clutch are you referring to? The S4 TDI transmission has a torque convertor and the lock-up clutch only applies at speed. Maximum torque multiplication is just before the stall point - so that's when you should release the brake for best launch.

What clutch are you referring to? The S4 TDI transmission has a torque convertor and the lock-up clutch only applies at speed. Maximum torque multiplication is just before the stall point - so that's when you should release the brake for best launch.

Let me rephrase, it's pulling on the brake rather than revving freely.

Thanks

Let me rephrase, it's pulling on the brake rather than revving freely.

Thanks
That's normal really to put load on the engine, it's just dynamic and gearbox in s, ESP fully off and left foot brake right foot throttle, release the brake

That's normal really to put load on the engine, it's just dynamic and gearbox in s, ESP fully off and left foot brake right foot throttle, release the brake

Thanks Motty.

That's really disappointing if I'm doing it right. There's a huge lag when lifting off the brake and the engine is only revving to 2500rpm.

I think my s4 revs slightly higher than that but mines the petrol, I think people expect something to come up on the dash like the cupra's do etc and say "launch active" but it's not like that on the s4

Thanks Motty.

That's really disappointing if I'm doing it right. There's a huge lag when lifting off the brake and the engine is only revving to 2500rpm.

I've just checked the manual and there's 2 points I had missed. The engine must be up to temperature and hold assist is disabled. I'll try again soon.

Hi, new S4 owner here too.

For launch control (albeit not actually stated on the dash as launch control - I don't know if the new S4 even has it officially) I set the car up in Dynamic, gearbox in S, first stage of traction control on (so into Sport Traction), left foot firmly on the brake and throttle all the way down onto the kickdown button.

You can then build the boost to the point it settles (only a couple of seconds) and release the brake :)

Came to the S4 from an BMW X3 M40i with the 'same' gearbox; the process is basically identical as the BMW.