2020 S4 Steering Wheel Drive Select

Hilla

Reaction score
Hi All,

Picked up my 2020 S4 Avant a couple of days ago now and loving it.

One thing I've noticed is that I can't assign the drive select option to the multifunction (*) button on the steering wheel - is that right? I'd like to use it to change drive mode without reaching down to use the main drive select buttons if possible.

I've looked in the * button menu but I can't see an option that specifies drive select there.

Cheers, Alex

I don’t have a 2020 but my 2018 S4 can have drive select assigned to the * button

Thanks. I'd seen on this forum that others had assigned the button for Drive Select, but it's definitely not there when I go into the menu!

Possible it's been removed with the diesel model, don't see why they would though, my 68 plate has it, what options do you have? I'll compare it with mine

It's a pretty standard spec; I was impressed with the level of spec they come with!

Sorry I meant what options does the *button give you to select from

Ah I see. It has:

- Voice guidance on/off
- Nav map colour day/night
- Traffic programme on/off
- Switch between radio/media
- Navigation information

And that's the lot.

Yeah mine has drive select at the top of the list above those

How strange; thanks for confirming anyway. Might ask the dealer when they ring for the service call in a few days.

It's a very minor inconvenience in what is so far a great car to drive.

Just checked on my 2020 S4 and the option for Drive Select is no longer on the steering wheel, also tried a speech command but to no avail.

Just checked on my 2020 S4 and the option for Drive Select is no longer on the steering wheel, also tried a speech command but to no avail.

So it's not just mine then!

The only thing I'm wondering is has it been removed following the RS Mode button being added to new RS models? Just to try and keep that performance/spec gap?

Hi Hilla,

Welcome to your new S4 Avant. Hope you are enjoying the car. To answer your question, the only options I have for the (*) button on the wheel are those you have listed.

It would be very much appreciated if you could check whether a few things are working/not working on your car, to help a few people who got their 2020 S4/A4s last year and are having some issues.

My answers shown as examples after each question in (italics)

General Information
- Car Model and key features (2020 Audi S4 Avant, Comfort+Sound, Black Edition)
- Car Delivery/Collection Date (November 2019)
- Did your dealer tell you there was an issue with the MMI software on collection of your car? (No)
- Have you raised any issues/technical cases with Audi Connect? (Yes)

Known Issues
- Do you see 'Received Destination and Tours" and in the MMI under Navigation? (No)
- Can you send a destination/route to the car from the MyAudi mobile app (if yes state which mobile platform (iOS/Android) (No)
- Can you send a destination to the car from Google maps? (No)
- Can you log in to MyAudi via Set up Assistant? (Yes)
- Can you log in to the car as a key user? (Yes)
- Do you see map update in http://my.audi.com on your browser on your PC/macOS/preferred client (Yes)
- Can you update new maps in your car using USB method (No)

Information to Share (from Settings/Version Information) relating to software versions and map versions (Please share a screen shot if easiest)
- Software (3174)
- HMI build version (release-31.7-1913-SNAPSHOT-26.03.2019-15:48:41)
- Navigation Database (V03959806QK_P0220_EU_2019.05)
- Media Driver (CL31_MIB3H_AU_ER_G45S_1901302PROD-1)
- Gracenote database (Region=Europe - Version=4)
- Hardware (H8W2035043)
- Settings - Software version (MHI3_ER_AUG45S_P3174)

The reason for the ask is to see if Audi have changed/fixed anything in newly delivered models.

If anyone else with a 2020 A4/S4 will share that is helpful too.

Thank you in advance for any information shared. If you have any other questions about the S4 Avant happy to answer if I can.

Kind regards.

Warwick Boy

P.S. Open question I have
1. Can you enable lap timer of the 2020 S4?
2. Can you enable launch control on the 2020 S4?

Hi Hilla,

Welcome to your new S4 Avant. Hope you are enjoying the car. To answer your question, the only options I have for the (*) button on the wheel are those you have listed.

It would be very much appreciated if you could check whether a few things are working/not working on your car, to help a few people who got their 2020 S4/A4s last year and are having some issues.

General Information
- Did your dealer tell you there was an issue with the MMI software on collection of your car? (No)

Known Issues
- Do you see 'Received Destination and Tours" and in the MMI under Navigation? (No)
- Can you send a destination/route to the car from the MyAudi mobile app (if yes state which mobile platform (iOS/Android) (No)
- Do you see map update in http://my.audi.com on your browser on your PC/macOS/preferred client (Yes)

Information to Share (from Settings/Version Information) relating to software versions and map versions (Please share a screen shot if easiest)
- Software (3174)
- Hardware (H8W2035043)

The reason for the ask is to see if Audi have changed/fixed anything in newly delivered models.

Thank you in advance for any information shared. If you have any other questions about the S4 Avant happy to answer if I can.

Kind regards.

Warwick Boy

Launch control doesn't really "enable" on the petrol, its just traction control fully off now just half off, gearbox is S, left foot brake right foot gas and let go of the break after a second or 2, nothing comes up on the screen to say its happening etc

Hi Hilla,

General Information

Known Issues

- Software (3174)
- Hardware (H8W2035043)

Kind regards.

Warwick Boy

Hey,

Cheers for this; I'll get the information tomorrow when I'm in the car. It's only a couple of days old at the moment so I haven't even tried half the stuff on that list!

Thanks