Q7 2020 Q7 50 TDI s line

HARRIM00

Reaction score
Hi all. Well it arrived yesterday and she is beautiful. Not sure how much she will be used over the next few weeks during lockdown but at least she is there if I need her.

First impressions are that this has got to be the easiest infotainment system I have ever set up, I went out last night expecting to spend a couple of hours swearing and hitting things trying to get it all to work and everything worked first time. Phone connected, profile set up, myaudi app updated the whole lot. So I went back inside and got my carista and made a few changes. Very limited at the moment as it says it is under development for this model still. Did needle sweep, lights for driving in France, a few more not very exciting things.

The only question I have is that in all the videos the s line which only comes in the UK with the HD matrix LED headlights, does the animation on lock and unlock, however mine doesn't and I can't find anywhere to turn it on. I've even been back onto the Audi configurator to see if there was an option and there is nothing. Where is it?

I will try to add a picture in a minute and don't worry about the reg it will change on Monday.
20200516 101151

Reactions: WIll Savage
Very nice. Enjoy and keep safe. Jim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you sort the lights in the end?
I think it’s probably like the other options such as HUD it’s only available on Vorsprung model

The lights unfortunately is only available on vorsprung... I'm still waiting for my Q7 2020 model, it arrive in the sheerness port last thursday, can't wait!!! How long was yours from port to dealer, did you find out? Also how easy was Audi connect to setup? Please also recommend the carista you're using :) thanks

Last edited:
Hi all. Well it arrived yesterday and she is beautiful. Not sure how much she will be used over the next few weeks during lockdown but at least she is there if I need her.

First impressions are that this has got to be the easiest infotainment system I have ever set up, I went out last night expecting to spend a couple of hours swearing and hitting things trying to get it all to work and everything worked first time. Phone connected, profile set up, myaudi app updated the whole lot. So I went back inside and got my carista and made a few changes. Very limited at the moment as it says it is under development for this model still. Did needle sweep, lights for driving in France, a few more not very exciting things.

The only question I have is that in all the videos the s line which only comes in the UK with the HD matrix LED headlights, does the animation on lock and unlock, however mine doesn't and I can't find anywhere to turn it on. I've even been back onto the Audi configurator to see if there was an option and there is nothing. Where is it?

I will try to add a picture in a minute and don't worry about the reg it will change on Monday. View attachment 203011
That's a lovely car you have there. How long did it take for you to get this car from when you ordered it?

That's a lovely car you have there. How long did it take for you to get this car from when you ordered it?
I got mine 3 weeks after order, it was a car en route already. So if your willing to compromise on specs there are some good deals to have.
Mines a 50TDI black edition with 22’s and c&s pack.
Also 3 weeks was the wait for the new plate, technically could have taken delivery after 2!

Reactions: Mkay315
I got mine 3 weeks after order, it was a car en route already. So if your willing to compromise on specs there are some good deals to have.
Mines a 50TDI black edition with 22’s and c&s pack.
Also 3 weeks was the wait for the new plate, technically could have taken delivery after 2!
Thank you for that. I may need to wait a few years before I can get my hands on the Q7 . It does seem so comfortable to sit in and drive.

I was just lucky that a dealer had my exact spec so it was delivered within a few days.

With regard to Carista, I have contacted them directly and they want to work with me to develop stuff on the 2020 Q7. At present the app just says that they are developing and that there is limited functionality for this car.

I was just lucky that a dealer had my exact spec so it was delivered within a few days.

With regard to Carista, I have contacted them directly and they want to work with me to develop stuff on the 2020 Q7. At present the app just says that they are developing and that there is limited functionality for this car.
How are you finding the car so far?

How are you finding the car so far?
Good thanks. Was surprised it had to go in for 7 recalls , most for the infotainment stuff. It's very capable and apart from the bits of trim on the drivers seat that keep falling off, well put together. It is a vast improvement on the 4L. It's a shame I haven't been able to drive it as much as I would have liked this year but hopefully we can put a few more miles on it in 2021. Come 2022 I will see if I can replace it with facelift 4M SQ7. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Mkay315
Good thanks. Was surprised it had to go in for 7 recalls , most for the infotainment stuff. It's very capable and apart from the bits of trim on the drivers seat that keep falling off, well put together. It is a vast improvement on the 4L. It's a shame I haven't been able to drive it as much as I would have liked this year but hopefully we can put a few more miles on it in 2021. Come 2022 I will see if I can replace it with facelift 4M SQ7. Fingers crossed.
Yeah it is a shame you wasn't able to thrash it as much as you would have given everything that's going on. I'm glad you're enjoying your car so far. Is this the first Q7 you've owned?

Just looked out of curiosity at OBD11 for the 2019 onwards Q7, lots of new functions you can add like the G-Meter acceleration display we have in the latest RS models..