Q3 2020 Q3 SportBack - myAudi app disconnected

limhf

Reaction score
Hi all,

My new Q3 suddenly lost connection with myAudi few days ago. It was working fine for 3 months since I collected the car. I am now unable to send destinations from app to the car, weather cannot load and map does not display traffic conditions. Even though I am logged in to myAudi in MMI, the status in Connected Devices > MyAudi shows "Not Connected".

I tried:
1. removing user in MMI so that I can set up myAudi again. I was unable to remove the user.
2. removing user in iPhone myAudi app. I was able to remove. But when I tried the setup process again, it kept saying I am not connected to vehicle even though I am connected to the car's wifi. I am then stuck at this step.

I suspect the embedded SIM has lost connection to internet (weather cannot load, cannot remove user in MMI, etc).

May I ask:
1. if anyone had similar issue? If yes, what is the fix?
2. where is the embedded sim in the Q3? anyway to reset its connection with the internet?

Thanks!

I did a factory reset on the MMI for just the MyAudi portion. Now "Users" and "Weather" icons disappeared entirely...

Did you subscribe to the full package? I believe some new & used cars initially came with 3 months of connection and then you have to pay for any further connectivity.

Might be worth checking with Audi after that.

Think it was on here but i relive the Audi app's are being wound down?. There rubbish compared to how they first started,don't even bother with them now.

Only thing i use the app for is locking the car without using the key - only useful if you drive somewhere and then go for a run and dont want to hold your keys.

Did you subscribe to the full package? I believe some new & used cars initially came with 3 months of connection and then you have to pay for any further connectivity.

Might be worth checking with Audi after that.

I'm in Singapore and here the new cars come with 3 years of connection. It only worked for 2.5 months. Now I can't even add myself back as a key user because the Users icon disappeared!

I have limited functions in the app (no locking of car, location of car, etc). The only function I have been using a lot is the Send Destination to Car.

Brings back memories.

I had this problem when I had the RS4.

Once the 'Connect' option is reset it needs a few hours (think 24) for Audi's systems to get updated. The car then prompts for a clean setup in MMI using the Key tag. Your car should have come with a plastic tag and the spare key? The plastic tag has a number that you need.

There is a critical step in the set up process where after the code on the Key tag is entered and taking the option to Login the vehicle then asks for a Password OR the MyAudi code number.

You MUST enter the MyAudi app code number as this links the mobile app to the car. If you enter the MyAudi password into MMI it still appears to work however the mobile App reports that the 'vehicle has never been seen'.

Brings back memories.

I had this problem when I had the RS4.

Once the 'Connect' option is reset it needs a few hours (think 24) for Audi's systems to get updated. The car then prompts for a clean setup in MMI using the Key tag. Your car should have come with a plastic tag and the spare key? The plastic tag has a number that you need.

There is a critical step in the set up process where after the code on the Key tag is entered and taking the option to Login the vehicle then asks for a Password OR the MyAudi code number.

You MUST enter the MyAudi app code number as this links the mobile app to the car. If you enter the MyAudi password into MMI it still appears to work however the mobile App reports that the 'vehicle has never been seen'.

Thanks for this tip.

Do you mean once I factory reset the MyAudi in the MMI, it will take up to a day for the "User" icon to re-appear? Because right now, the user icon disappeared in MMI.

Is the MyAudi app code number the PIN? Previously I think I logged into MMI using the password and it was working fine until recently.