2020 Map Update (C7.5)

RAF_S7

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
I’m out the country a lot, so my S7 has become a bit of a garage Queen over the last 18 months......

Anyway, got back yesterday and she roared back into life as usual, and up popped a screen splash saying there is a new 2020 map update available to download, but you can’t have it because you've used up your allocation of free map updates.....

So does anyone have the downloaded 2020 update files they can share?

Can’t take to the dealer for install as the car is heavily modified...:rock:

TIA,
John.

From what I gather, it's not something you can transfer/grab from another car. Each download is tied to the car
Only reason I say this is the A6 has a few more updates available but when I download the A6 maps, it will not install on the A7 (same system). I can't remember the exact wording of the error message
Happy to be told I'm wrong however :)

From what I gather, it's not something you can transfer/grab from another car. Each download is tied to the car
Only reason I say this is the A6 has a few more updates available but when I download the A6 maps, it will not install on the A7 (same system). I can't remember the exact wording of the error message
Happy to be told I'm wrong however :)

I don’t believe they are locked to the car, but I’m not 100% sure....
I’ve shared the Mib1 and MIB2 files from a previous release and it was installed ok on another car.

I don’t believe they are locked to the car, but I’m not 100% sure....
I’ve shared the Mib1 and MIB2 files from a previous release and it was installed ok on another car.
When you are next with your vehicle can you enter the red engineering menu, back button + top left soft button. Once in there browse to your activation keys and post the code starting with 023000 so I can see which maps you can use.

When you are next with your vehicle can you enter the red engineering menu, back button + top left soft button. Once in there browse to your activation keys and post the code starting with 023000 so I can see which maps you can use.
I’m actually locked down at home in the UK, so will take a look and let you know :racer:

Reactions: DJAlix
Here you go.....

388CF652-E6D6-40DF-8469-813C5CF2BFA4_zps1o8stvhv.jpeg

Here you go.....

388CF652-E6D6-40DF-8469-813C5CF2BFA4_zps1o8stvhv.jpeg
0230001c = EU navigation data, of which you are licensed to use up to 2018. Wont be able to update beyond this without a subscription or unofficial update.

Edit: just so you know, I can update the maps and activate Audi smartphone interface on this unit :)

Last edited:
Reactions: RAF_S7
I talked to my usual dealer back in February, and they really didn't have a clue on how to deliver this.

Master Tech indicated a hook up to Ovis and a full download of the MMI s/w, and a cost of over £500:frown new:

Im already running CarPlay, so think I will stick with Waze :racer:

Cheers Alix :thumbs up:

I talked to my usual dealer back in February, and they really didn't have a clue on how to deliver this.

Master Tech indicated a hook up to Ovis and a full download of the MMI s/w, and a cost of over £500:frown new:

Im already running CarPlay, so think I will stick with Waze :racer:

Cheers Alix :thumbs up:
official update should be more like £265.00 ish. If you have Audi Smartphone Interface, could not see the lated codes on your screen, then Waze would be a better shout however its always nice to be up to date car wise.

It was a CarPlay hack about year ago :blink:
The “new map available for download” message has stopped appearing when l power on now, so it’s less of an issue. :racer:

Reactions: DJAlix
@RAF_S7 Aren't there SD cards flying about that can be used to update to latest maps and firmware?

Hi Eric,

Unfortunately not, at least not for the MIB2 units.
These units update ‘over the air’ and the software checks in with the Audi brain to see if it’s eligible for an update - which you can then download and transfer using a PC/MAC then onto an SD card, or download over your data connection.
I’ve asked previously about using someone else’s download to update the maps and been told it’s not possible - so I’ve not even tried.

John.

Hi Eric,

Unfortunately not, at least not for the MIB2 units.
These units update ‘over the air’ and the software checks in with the Audi brain to see if it’s eligible for an update - which you can then download and transfer using a PC/MAC then onto an SD card, or download over your data connection.
I’ve asked previously about using someone else’s download to update the maps and been told it’s not possible - so I’ve not even tried.

John.

Hi John,
Ah okay that’s a shame that yours is done via SOTA, I do have 3 SD cards that I updated my 2012 firmware and maps up to latest firmware and 2020 maps if you’d want to try them?
5DEEDF00 47BE 4268 BD4E D00A68FA09C2

Thanks for the offer, but if you were running 2012 s/w then your on the prefacelift nav system which is completely different software to the MIB2 in the facelift cars. :racer: