2020 A7 Audi pre sense fault

Hernan Diaz

Reaction score
Hi, first time posting

I was driving on newly opened freeway tunnel, which is about 9kms long. 5mins after entering the tunnel the Audi pre sense activated on 3 consecutive occasions, and decelerated my car from 80km to about 70km. This happened within the space of 2 minutes with no traffic in front or behind me. Needless to say I was freaked out and very lucky that there no vehicles travelling behind me.

Has anybody else experienced this. I’ve had my A7 for just over a week.

Yes I’ve had similar braking events with my S7.

The pre-sense can be quite sensitive as the forward facing radar can pick up anything close to the edge of the road, this can be more apparent on sweeping curves and bends. If you’re in an enclosed tunnel I can imagine the reflected radar would be even worse.

You can temporarily disable “braking guard”, but the default is always on, and will default to on whenever you start the car.

:racer:

my van ( 2019 transit) is similar i can be sitting in traffic then the park sensors go freaky thinking im getting t boned , when its just a focus in front of me with presumably the same frequency sensors getting a bit confused

Mine tends to go off when moving through streets with parked cars either side, moving into gaps and letting cars through etc. Its low speed but when you suddenly come to a near stop it a bit unnerving. It does activate at higher speeds occasionally but I'm usually slowing or stopping so its not so unexpected. Mixed feelings about its use; I do like the lane departure feature though as I spend a lot of time on the motorway.