2020 A4 - Turning of "South Africa Mode" single door unlock?

WarwickBoy

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm away on holiday and foolishly left my S4 manual at home. Do you know where I can find the settings for the key such that when I unlock all 4 doors rather than just the driver side door unlock? It's causing annoyance with family trips with a full car. I always forget and there is no real need for this additional security in Cornwall? :redface:

I've had a look in the MMI under Car and Settings but can't find anything.

Cheers,

Warwick Boy

Hi guys,

I'm away on holiday and foolishly left my S4 manual at home. Do you know where I can find the settings for the key such that when I unlock all 4 doors rather than just the driver side door unlock? It's causing annoyance with family trips with a full car. I always forget and there is no real need for this additional security in Cornwall? :redface:

I've had a look in the MMI under Car and Settings but can't find anything.

Cheers,

Warwick Boy
It should be there: car>vehicle settings>central locking. Well, it is on mine 2018 A4.

On my old B9 you just pressed the unlock button twice, not really that much hassle!
Apologies if I’ve mis understood

On my old B9 you just pressed the unlock button twice, not really that much hassle!
Apologies if I’ve mis understood

There is that, but I'd end up just pressing twice all the time.

Try this:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210828-113454_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210828-113454_Chrome.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 80
Thanks guys. It was right there in vehicle settings. Now changed. Embarrassed I missed it.

Reactions: NevMan and cuke2u
My other half used to complain about this feature so I disabled it, then it turned out her 61 plate Corsa had exactly the same :whistle2: