2020 A4/S4 matrix led headlights

Manity

Reaction score
Hi all was wondering does the new shape A4/S4 come with matrix headlights as standard as there doesnt seem to be an option on the Audi build section to select Matrix?

Matrix not available as an option on either 2020A4/S4. Will no doubt be part of basic spec as and when the Vorsprung editions are released.

Reactions: Manity
Hi all was wondering does the new shape A4/S4 come with matrix headlights as standard as there doesnt seem to be an option on the Audi build section to select Matrix?
Only led headlights currently unfortunately, along with electric memory seats the option to have them has been dropped..

Only led headlights currently unfortunately, along with electric memory seats the option to have them has been dropped..

Has the HUD now been dropped on 2020 models? I'd have liked one when I ordered mine but it wasn't an option (according to the dealership I went to).

Yep, HUD, auto park, side assist, inflatable bolsters on front seats, CD/DVD/SIM/Memory Card player, painted callipers all no longer available as options.

Reactions: CrashEd
Yep, HUD, auto park, side assist, inflatable bolsters on front seats, CD/DVD/SIM/Memory Card player, painted callipers all no longer available as options.

I'm guessing this is for cost saving reasons and that they are no longer included in any of the packs?

If so it's super annoying, as they are mentioned in a lot of the literature online...

Reactions: tickedon
Still all available in Southern Ireland frustratingly...

The top of the range Audi S4 Vorsprung was finally launched this morning on the Audi UK configurator after a 6-month delay.

This introduces the following options which are exclusive to the S4 Vorsprung (with the exception of the RS4):
- Audi Matrix LED lights
- Head-up Display
- Sports Differential
- Adaptive Suspension.

But in an absolutely bizarre decision from Audi UK, the less premium 'Black Edition' model is the only car available (RS4 aside) to specify:
- Gloss Carbon Fibre inlays

Saw these inlays in person and they lift the interior hugely.

Reactions: tickedon
"But in an absolutely bizarre decision from Audi UK, the less premium 'Black Edition' model is the only car available (RS4 aside) to specify:
- Gloss Carbon Fibre inlays

Saw these inlays in person and they lift the interior hugely"

Cant see the above option. My Black Edition has Piano Black Inlays as standard.

Another option dropped is heated rear seats.

All to do with new emission tests. Each configuration has to be tested independently, therefore we are likely to see more packs and less individual options going forward.

Would be nice to choose your own alloys but alas this is not possible with a Black Edition

It's a myth about WLTP, it is purely cost cutting, one being meeting the EU emissions penalty and the Audi management has admitted as much to cost cutting. However if you go and look at the options for a Volvo and there are plenty of them...

It's a myth about WLTP, it is purely cost cutting, one being meeting the EU emissions penalty and the Audi management has admitted as much to cost cutting. However if you go and look at the options for a Volvo and there are plenty of them...
If you want to buy a Passat or a Superb you can specify plenty of different options (including different wheel sizes, matrix LEDs etc...), so it's not a Volkswagen Group decision. You can even specify individual options for an Audi in other countries, so it seems to be an Audi UK decision to limit the add-ons available, and really can't be anything to do with WLTP. I don't see how it can be cost cutting either. How do Audi UK save money by not allowing people to buy what they want?

Very bizarre. It must surely be putting some people off buying an Audi?

Has me for a A4, just waiting to see if the new A3 wets my appetite for a new car..

Has me for a A4, just waiting to see if the new A3 wets my appetite for a new car..
Same here cuke2u was considering the new A3 myself to replace my A4. was gonna go for a new A4 before they removed the option for matrix headlights. matrix and quattro were the only options i didnt have on mine.

Reactions: cuke2u
I betting on they drop the matrix headlamps on the A3 anyway, as they have for the Q3 aside from the special addition versions...

I betting on they drop the matrix headlamps on the A3 anyway, as they have for the Q3 aside from the special addition versions...
More bizarre decisions from Audi UK! Especially as they are now available on the Skoda Superb and will be on the new Skoda Octavia.

There is at least some logic in Audi’s coming with very little kit and forcing you to buy what you want. But not even having them and other kit available as options, when it’s readily available on other VAG marques and more importantly Audi competitors, is absolutely bonkers...

Reactions: cuke2u