2019 S3 resonator delete anyone?

Crowdy

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Brand new to this forum

Picked up my new S3 last week and tbh a little disappointed with the exhaust note or lack of.

After picking the car up i put it on the ramp to check out the exhaust setup, can’t seem to find any images of the new system online!

Post CAT there is 2 boxes side by side with hoses connected pre and post, I presume this is the GPF filters fitted which is silencing the exhaust note and the pipes read pressure like a DPF wondered if anyone has had a look into this and if the old 310bhp S3 resonator delete pipe is compatible with the new S3 300bhp vehicle?

Cheers

Attachments

• EB4B5527-B11B-47E9-B1C2-C7A6F769FDA9.jpeg
    EB4B5527-B11B-47E9-B1C2-C7A6F769FDA9.jpeg
    230.1 KB · Views: 331
Not a worry within first 3 years but presumably gpf delete is a mot fail?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: listers_socks
Yes needs some guinea pigs! hopefully people are looking into it

Reactions: Crowdy
Not a worry within first 3 years but presumably gpf delete is a mot fail?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Thanks for responding mate, ermm I’m guessing it probably would be a failure, but unsure, Came out of that game few years ago now. Not looking to remove tbh, thinking more like remove the resonator/ centre section but unsure if that section is the same as the pre GPF S3 looks same to me tho, no reason for them to change the complete design for cost saving reasons I guess.

Yes needs some guinea pigs! hopefully people are looking into it

Ahahaaa I’ll happily be the guinea pig here, post GPF or what ever it’s called I can’t see how any fault codes could be flagged on the ECM,
Hopfully with the delete if it’s compatible it mite be roughly middle ground comparing a 310ps with the delete as personal opinion I think they sound cheap and to loud, intrigued to find out anyways

Hi there,

Yes I am the same as you guys. Picked mine up 3 weeks ago. Not liking the quiet exhaust much.
So took mine to a place and had a res delete fitted sounds much better now.
Don’t worry jus do it. Your life will nearly becomplete :icon thumright::icon thumright:

I also want to hear a soundclip with the res delete :whistle2: