Facelift 2019 s3 battery low will charge whilst driving

John Pilkington

Reaction score
Hi,has anyone had the above message.car been stood in garage for three weeks.battery was showing 12volts,regards

It's merely an advisory, as above, drive it'll be fine & if not using often, then grab a ctek to maintain the battery for long standing periods.

Reactions: John Pilkington
Hi,has anyone had the above message.car been stood in garage for three weeks.battery was showing 12volts,regards
Has been quite cold recently. Maybe whateve you tested your battery on is a touch off what your car is reading. Go out for a blast!

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Hi update on car.took car for a 40 mile drive at 10am today.my tracker app said car voltage was 12.7 when I returned.just checked the app again and it is 12.5 volts.it is a global telemetrics app how accurate will it be,regards

I had issues with a battery in my 18 plate and by the time it was a year old it wouldn’t even start the car. Was getting similar message to you now and again then eventually refused to start. Car was reading around 12v after parked for a night from around 12.5v. Voltage only tells a part of the story. How much charge a battery can hold is more important.
Audi assist came out and did a check on the battery with a battery tester. Tester condemn the battery showing it was only able to hold around 50% charge. Called dealer and got new battery next day under warranty.

I had issues with a battery in my 18 plate and by the time it was a year old it wouldn’t even start the car. Was getting similar message to you now and again then eventually refused to start. Car was reading around 12v after parked for a night from around 12.5v. Voltage only tells a part of the story. How much charge a battery can hold is more important.
Audi assist came out and did a check on the battery with a battery tester. Tester condemn the battery showing it was only able to hold around 50% charge. Called dealer and got new battery next day under warranty.
Thanks will phone audi tell them what is happening and get them to check it,cheers

Thanks will phone audi tell them what is happening and get them to check it,cheers

good luck with that. I was moaning for months and even at the 9k service when it was tested and it wasn’t till the Audi assist guy saying it was bust and my car didn’t start till Audi replaced it under warranty.
New battery has been great though. No warnings on dash and dashcam records a couple of days of footage when parked up.

Hi,just wondering what effect having a tracker fitted will have on the battery any comments appreciated thanks

Hi,just wondering what effect having a tracker fitted will have on the battery any comments appreciated thanks

i would expect the drain on the battery to be similar to a dashcam. Kinda like constantly running a mobile phone.

Uncle had a tracker fitted on his Merc. In the three weeks he was away on holiday the battery drained. From then on he used a solar trickle charger left on the dash and no problems.

Colin