1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Q3 2019 Q3

S15THM Mar 2, 2019

1. The Richmeister

The Richmeister New Member

So the car finally arrived today after a looooong wait. I made a last minute change from the turbo blue to the chronos grey. I wasn’t 100% sure the Audi Sport wheels I wanted (shown) would work with the solid blue. Delighted with them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cuke2u, keenu, mxnrg and 7 others like this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. X3man

X3man Well known member Gold Supporter X3 M40i Carbon Black

Very nice mate, nice colour and love the wheels

4. The Richmeister

Thanks a mil.

X3man likes this.
  5. isleaiw

isleaiw Active Member

Not an expert in Q3 specs and I am guessing yours is not quite the same as ours anyway looking at the plates, but that does look good. Is the black arch / lower panels an option? what engine and such like is it?

6. The Richmeister

This car is specced with a lot of extras. It’s Irish specification. So the arch trim and lower body trim were optional, same as UK sline. Wheels were optional too, they are 19 inch, so same diameter as base sline in Ireland and UK but the are 8.5 wide instead of 7 inches. They fill the arch much better in my opinion. Those wheels are not an option in the uk or most other European markets. That car is a 40TFSI 190. Or a 2.0 turbo petrol in old money.

7. Reggieboy71

Reggieboy71 Active Member

Very nice indeed mate! Enjoy

8. The Banker

The Banker New Member

Looks great. I particularly like the black grill. Only available on the Vorsprung Edition in UK. Obviously you get different options. Think the colour is a wise choice- the blue in my opinion is not so “classy”.
    I am currently in Florida and saw my car at the dealer last week. Pickup to be on 28th May.
    Enjoy.

X3man likes this.
  9. The Richmeister

Thank you. What did you go for in exterior appearance ?

10. The Richmeister

Thanks.

11. SPIKE_S3

SPIKE_S3 Well-Known Member Team Ara Blue Team Daytona

Beautiful looking Q3. The colour and BP are a great match. Audi have done a great job on the styling of the new Q3.

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. RS3 S.

RS3 S. Well-Known Member SQ5 owners group Team Daytona TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi Q5 S tronic

....same reason I got rid of my RS3,lower back problems/trapped nerve ment I needed something higher. SQ5 is spot on for me now!!!.

45bvtc, AndyM001 and X3man like this.
  14. The Banker

The Banker New Member

Just went with a “bog standard” S-line, including the wheels. If you go to Audi.co.uk and build the car, you will see what we get. I tried over here in USA, but the Q3 is not yet available to order. Think they will come in with the 40 or 45 petrol automatic. (They cannot drive a “stick-shift”) Bets are it will be cheaper than our side of the pond! They only pay 6 percent tax for a start and do not have the UK 5 year excess if over £40000.

15. The Banker

The Banker New Member

6C444EFD-7729-49AB-802A-1B97D229BB4E.jpeg Hi all,
    It is finally mine! Just taken delivery and a quick photo before the rain comes on.
    Only done a mile and a half from the Dealers, but it was great. Well worth the wait.

Reggieboy71, X3man and cuke2u like this.
  16. cuke2u

cuke2u Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group S-line owners group saloon Audi A4

More pictures please, especially interior ones. Not sure what you mean about stick shifts in the US but Audi are dropping manual gearboxes in that country and many are up in arms about it...

17. X3man

Nice! Bet you are pleased :icon thumright:

18. The Richmeister

That’s very nice. I haven’t seen any in black before but it looks really good.

My tip, from having black in the past, get a nano ceramic detail done while it’s new to help with the cleaning and give a bit more resistance to scratching.

Two bucket method and brand new sponges out if the packet every time. My black Octavia VRS 230 combi didn’t have the slightest hint of a swirl mark when the dealer took it in for the Q3.

19. The Banker

The Banker New Member

Heavy rain now and will be next two days. Car in garage or will get wet!! Photos of interior to follow at weekend as requested. (Full leather, ambient lighting, automatic gearbox, comfort package, sound package, storage package and rubber floor mats throughout.)
    Americans refer to manual gearboxes as having a stick to shift the gears. Very few cars in America are not automatic. Most manual gearboxes are in “muscle cars”. Audi are dropping manuals as there is no demand. As I said Americans in general do not want to or cannot drive manual gearboxes. I have driven all over America on Fly-Drive and never in 30 years have I ever seen a hire car that is not automatic.

X3man and cuke2u like this.
  20. The Banker

The Banker New Member

Can you not see my smile from where you are?

X3man likes this.
  21. The Banker

The Banker New Member

Did that with my A4 Avant and the paintwork was still excellent after 6.5 years. Got the Dealer to apply Lifeshine as that worked well on the A4.

22. The Banker

The Banker New Member

69814010-EBA4-48DD-8D2B-735EE1B9C28A.jpeg D2B8CFF5-7E06-483C-B503-398EF7E53405.jpeg 27745EF9-36D9-498F-B180-3EAD7C28DB32.jpeg Photos as requested. Although it has rained all day here these were taken in the garage. Virtual cockpit plus was chosen as an extra, along with flat bottom wheel. I did say earlier that I went for smaller engine and lots of toys.

X3man, Reggieboy71 and cuke2u like this.
  23. cuke2u

Cheers much appreciated, so all UK Q3's now have the steering wheel centre mimicking the grill and are no longer round? How is the quality of the interior plastics, better or worse than the previous model?

24. The Banker

The Banker New Member

Don’t know about previous Q3 but quality of interior plastics is about what is expected in all Audi models. Centre of wheel in my opinion looks a whole lot better than the round version. If you check out various Audi models in “Build your own”, you will see that different versions have grill shape and round shape centres.

cuke2u likes this.
  25. cuke2u

I have a round shape and I think it fits a round steering wheel far better, but that's to my eyes. It's how the edges to the air bag enclosure go with the spokes, looks awkward.
    But probably a matter of opinion...

26. AllanG

AllanG Q5 TFSI

My Mk2 Q5 has the centre of the steering wheel mimicking the Audi grill shape, and I much prefer this to the round centre I had on my A3 wheel........it’s a good job we all prefer different things lol!

X3man likes this.
  27. X3man

Agree @AllanG, whilst my Mk2 Q5 is now gone, I also prefer the shape mimicking the grill, I personally feel the round shape looks dated.

This is why there are so many makes/models and options.

A little thread hijack:

A few pics of my ceramic coated M40i, all done myself

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Keef and cuke2u like this.
  28. cuke2u

I also like the one on your X3 too...

X3man likes this.
  29. X3man

Thanks @cuke2u

cuke2u likes this.
  30. motoent

motoent New Member

Can anyone tell me what the camouflaged prototype in this video is?