1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2019 in the flesh A1 pictures!

S32B Nov 14, 2018

1. S32B

S32B Well-Known Member Audi A5 S tronic Coupe

I got invited down to look at the new A1 today, I must say it looks lovely!

Thought I'd post them here for the A1 members :)

IMG_6929.JPG IMG_6931.JPG IMG_6928.JPG IMG_6930.JPG IMG_6932.JPG

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Daz4311

Daz4311 Well-Known Member

I do like that...s1 got my name all over it

S32B likes this.
  4. S32B

He said the 2.0 will be out early next year, never mentioned an S1 at this point!

But this would do me with the 200bhp in, love the alloys and the chronos grey/black paint mix:
    a1.jpg

5. Daz4311

Daz4311 Well-Known Member

Wonder what cost will be.really need a smaller car for the wife

S32B likes this.
  6. S32B

No idea mate, I can give you the name of a guy that WILL keep you up to speed with all the prices etc. I'll send you a PM.

Daz4311 likes this.
  7. J400uk

J400uk New Member

Looks great, thanks for sharing the photos!

What dealer was it out of interest? I am based North London and trying to find somewhere round here. Spotted one on a car transporter this morning

8. TYb

TYb Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group Team Navarra Audi S3

The new A1 is on the Configurator for the entry engines, it’s certainly not cheap... add a few more £’s on for the 2 litre.

From what I have read the release models haven’t been very well received by the motoring press.

9. KenL

KenL Well-Known Member

New A1 is looking far too expensive. The negative comments on the inferior plastics (hard doors etc) make it look even more expensive.

I have an A3 and thought the new A1 would be my next car but the base a3 is more than my a3 was 2 years ago given that discount and pcp contribution will be less.

Muttley75 likes this.
  10. Muttley75

Muttley75 Well-Known Member

Ditto. 2015 A3 S-Line S-Tronic with comfort pack and a few other options was £24k. The new A1 similarly kitted out comes in around £28k. For a 1.0 3 cylinder jobby. WTF!? I’d rather get a Golf GTI for that money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jcbmally, TYb and KenL like this.
  11. TYb

TYb Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group Team Navarra Audi S3

This silly pricing has pushed me away for my next motor especially when you look at what the competition is offering, latest gen BMW’s are much nicer looking inside and out.

Lots of great cars on the 2nd hand market now for sub £20k.

Jcbmally likes this.
  12. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

13. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member Team Nardo Team V6 Audi RS4

Cheap inside though is the rumour?

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Jcbmally likes this.
  14. terminator x

terminator x Well-Known Member Team Nardo Team V6 Audi RS4

Another rumour, no S1.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

15. Muttley75

Muttley75 Well-Known Member

Fact. A number of online reviews comment on the hard scratchy plastics on the doors, the wobbly centre console and wobbly interior light above the mirror. These things really matter because it’s precisely what distinguishes Audi from other VAG products. If buyers don’t care about such trivialities they buy Seat or Skoda and save a ton of cash in the process. This is a big mistake by Audi. They might get away with it on the A1, but A3 buyers will be much less forgiving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

KenL and terminator x like this.
  16. J400uk

J400uk New Member

Took one out for a spin today, quite like it! The 30 TFSI is a decent little engine and suits it well with more than ample performance. The interior isn’t quite up to the standard of my TT but it’s still a good design and feels premium. The new touchscreen MMI system is very intuitive and easy to use. Nice that they include Virtual Cockpit as standard too

Only thing I don’t like is it has an old fashioned flip key with no push button start unless you pay extra for keyless entry. Standard equipment levels otherwise seem high, and if you do want a few options they seem reasonably priced.

I think next year the entry level model will get cheaper as they’ll re-introduce the 95PS 1.0 TFSI. They’ll also add the 150PS 1.5 TFSI and 190PS 2.0 TFSI units for those after more power. But for now the 116PS they’re currently only offering actually suits it very nicely.

For £20k it’s priced about right and will likely be popular. Dealers are offering around 5% discount with a little haggling. Will be a good few months before there is any real saving to be had buying an ex-demo or pre-reg

17. S32B

No problem and sorry for the late reply mate, it was @ Warrington Audi.

I agree about the Golf GTI or even the Polo GTi+ for around £21k (after discount)!!!.

A mate of mine just had a 48 hour test drive on a JCW mini clubman, he said he was smiling the entire time he was driving it and that was even with his kids in the back! A low mileage 18 plate for around £25k.