Facelift 2019 A3 Black Edition Sound Quality

Nicster

Reaction score
Hi,

2019 A3 Black Edition with Tech Pack

Have had my new A3 black edition with tech pack for just over a month. In general I am loving it, but I'm also finding the sound quality somewhat underwhelming. I have:
  • The Audi Sound System (A.S.S)
  • No separate settings for the subwoofer in my sound settings
  • Checked the subwoofer is on and working
Any tips for making the most of what I have?

I know this isn’t much help, but I always thought the black edition came with bang and olufsen as standard. Is that only the saloon?

Reactions: Nicster
I know this isn’t much help, but I always thought the black edition came with bang and olufsen as standard. Is that only the saloon?

only in the s3 at least when I got mine in 2018. The rest of the range was a costed option.

Oh really? That sucks. Thanks for the reply, I never realised.

Thanks JohnM100. I had a read through and, from what I could surmise, there was an update for those with the B&O system but I couldn't see that there had been something similar for those with the Audi Sound System (A.S.S) :)cry:).

I always play music in the car so a decent sound system is important to me. I'll call Edinburgh Audi soon to discuss as I'm at the start of a 4 year PCP deal and would like to know if there are any options for improvement.

Just bought a 2019 A3 Black Edition — at distance, picked up on Saturday — and now I am here. Had almost a sleepless night about it! It has *** (A/S/S) and I am already feeling totally gutted by the sound quality … checking I’ve not missed any threads — is this unsolved unless you have B&O? Is a bang system retrofit an option to solve?

Just bought a 2019 A3 Black Edition — at distance, picked up on Saturday — and now I am here. Had almost a sleepless night about it! It has *** (A/S/S) and I am already feeling totally gutted by the sound quality … checking I’ve not missed any threads — is this unsolved unless you have B&O? Is a bang system retrofit an option to solve?

think adding centre front speaker and mid range driver in door(I think) makes a massive difference.
might be worth speaking with @DJAlix or other retrofitters about this.