2019/20 map update

Ormesome

Reaction score
Good morning,

Audi connect (in car) is showing a 2019/20 map update but i can only update my current country as the file for Europe is too large. On the myaudi website the update isnt showing, it is just showing the old 2019 maps. Is there normally a delay in it appearing on the myaudi website? Its been a few days since i saw it on Audi Connect.

Last edited:
...............mine did the same, just updated the U.K. Not going over to Europe this summer but could do with advice on how we update for the whole of Europe please?.

Reactions: Ormesome
...............mine did the same, just updated the U.K. Not going over to Europe this summer but could do with advice on how we update for the whole of Europe please?.

You need to do it via the MyAudi website. Link below. It gives you details on how to do it, pretty simple. Still showing 2019 maps though. After you log in click on your cars photo, then click "features", scroll down and you should see the same as the photo below.

https://login.audi.com

Screenshot 2019 05 28 at 131342

Reactions: RS3 S.
I downloaded 2019 yesterday - didn’t see this post in time.

I’ll hold off on the install till new map is on the MyAudi site and install that instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: stote
I downloaded 2019 yesterday - didn’t see this post in time.

I’ll hold off on the install till new map is on the MyAudi site and install that instead.

Hi were did you download the map from?

Regards

If you have tech pack, (your car is not SD card based navigation) and your car is under 3 years old you can download them from my Audi https://my.audi.com/

Just to recap, in case of confusion!

At the present time: Online: ie: myAudi website: is only showing 2019 maps which came out around 6months ago. In car system:ie:Audi Connect: is showing 2019/20 maps which must have come out in the last week.

like yourself I can only see the 2019 maps in myaudi

Regarding map update i've these option. If I select 2nd option it just comes up service unavailable at moment though i suspect i know why. I can download maps via the 1st option ok.

FJIMG 20190530 174809

I’m getting the same as the above image.

However, I’ve tried a few times to use option 1 and I get an error message. Any ideas?

I’m getting the same as the above image.

However, I’ve tried a few times to use option 1 and I get an error message. Any ideas?

My car is currently showing an "error connecting to the servers" message. It must be something with Audi. Worked fine a week or so ago.

I think there has been an issue with the 2019/2020 map updates and Audi have pulled them, so they may have disabled the server while it's being fixed.

You need to do it via the MyAudi website. Link below. It gives you details on how to do it, pretty simple. Still showing 2019 maps though. After you log in click on your cars photo, then click "features", scroll down and you should see the same as the photo below.

https://login.audi.com

View attachment 183403

Hi - sorry to dig up an older thread.

I am trying to update the maps on my facelift S3 (wrong forum I know, but noticed the process looked similar). My version of myAudi seems to be completely different to the above screenshot and also to any other guides I can find elsewhere, so I can't see a way to download the maps to an SD card at all.

I attempted it via the car itself but it just tells me no data found when I try to do the system update. The maps have not been touched since late 2016 when the car was built, so it is getting quite out of date in my area.
Screenshot 2019 06 30 at 181359

did you click on features? if you do then your MYAUDI webpage should be the same.

Thanks both - I do have tech pack but I don't have a high enough level that allows me use the scroll wheel as a touch pad to scribble in addresses, if that helps?

The Connect subscription also ends in January 2021 according to the system, I was able to get the free period extended luckily.

If I go to the 'features' tab, I only see a top bar with green text saying my Audi is connected, a box below which says I can go to a data packages provider to read their Ts & Cs, a 'function overview' and an ad for the iPhone app at the bottom. If I go to the function overview, it lists a load of Audi Connect features like online music, app destination entry etc, but doesn't seem to show anything about downloading the maps themselves. What does your screen show?

Cheers for the replies!

Thanks both - I do have tech pack but I don't have a high enough level that allows me use the scroll wheel as a touch pad to scribble in addresses, if that helps?

The Connect subscription also ends in January 2021 according to the system, I was able to get the free period extended luckily.

If I go to the 'features' tab, I only see a top bar with green text saying my Audi is connected, a box below which says I can go to a data packages provider to read their Ts & Cs, a 'function overview' and an ad for the iPhone app at the bottom. If I go to the function overview, it lists a load of Audi Connect features like online music, app destination entry etc, but doesn't seem to show anything about downloading the maps themselves. What does your screen show?

Cheers for the replies!

Mine shows all the same as yours, but inbetween the green connected message and above the wifi options i have the foto i posted above for the map downloads.

As below:

Screenshot 2019 07 01 at 002503

Mine shows all the same as yours, but inbetween the green connected message and above the wifi options i have the foto i posted above for the map downloads.

As below:

View attachment 185846
Very weird. Further down on one of the pages I have something saying I need to contact my dealer to confirm me as the owner of the car. Did you ever have to do that?

I’ll try asking them to do it tomorrow and see if that changes anything, but other info I found online suggested that did literally nothing...

Very weird. Further down on one of the pages I have something saying I need to contact my dealer to confirm me as the owner of the car. Did you ever have to do that?

I’ll try asking them to do it tomorrow and see if that changes anything, but other info I found online suggested that did literally nothing...

Yep a few on here posted about that message. I think it was a glitch in the system but it was cleared up quickly. Defo just give them a call to see what they can do. Its the only way you will get a proper answer. Sorry cant be much more help...

Still no updates showing on Myaudi website. Wouldnt normally think this was weird but i updated Switzerland to 2019/20 maps in May via Audi Connect in car. Cant update any others as they are too large and it wont let me do it. Any news on when the 2019/20 maps are released?

The 2019/2020 map won't be released now, the full 2020 map will be release in the next couple of months so cannot see them releasing a 2019/2020 map update that will be obsolete in 2 months.

Have you downloaded and installed the maps on your car yet?

One of the files about half way through the download causes my (rather elderly) laptop to keep resetting.

Last edited:
I've downloaded it all successfully as it prompts you to install the Audi Installer which then manages the ~12Gb download which took some time. Not installed yet, but a job for tomorrow!

Thanks, I try and negotiate the use of the other half's laptop to download it tonight.

I managed to download some of the 'sections' last night so plan B was to do it that, rather tedious, way.

I can't see this update on MyAudi (web or app).

I just get this message: "There are currently no map packages stored in the system for your vehicle. We are working on making these available to you as soon as possible."

I have the Tech Pack, so should have the update option but haven't actually bothered to update the maps until now. The car's 2 years old, so there should be an update, even if it's not the 2020, yet I see nothing.

If anyone has any thoughts, I'm all ears!

Check which country it thinks you have logged in from (bottom right hand corner should show the relevant Country's flag and selected language )

When using a different laptop to my normal one I had that message but then spotted it thought I was from Canada

Reactions: davemk
@L_G I think that's it. How did you change it from Canada to UK though?

Edit... Cancel that. Figured it out. Thanks very much for the pointer. That's brought up the right options now.

@L_G I think that's it. How did you change it from Canada to UK though?

Edit... Cancel that. Figured it out. Thanks very much for the pointer. That's brought up the right options now.
Mine showing the Canadian flag! What did you do lol

Mine showing the Canadian flag! What did you do lol

I went to the main Audi site (UK site), went to owners area and then MyAudi. Went to sign-up and it had an option to change from Canada to UK, which I did. Then I went to an option that said something along the lines of 'I already have a username and password'. Used my details there and made sure it was showing UK not Canada.

If that doesn't work or doesn't make sense, let me know

Reactions: Joxh
I clicked on the flag when on the log in screen and it then offered a choice of countries

Just update through the mmi, Audi connect comes with a data plan for map updates. You normally get 2-3 countries not the whole lot. For me getting UK updated was enough as I don’t plan to go abroad with the car, doubt I will get the chance now brexit is coming :wink:

I'm unlikely to visit (by car or by any other means) half of the countries included in the maps but as I am getting near the end of the free updates it seem sensible to get the whole lot done.

Reactions: JohnM100 and AlS3BE
I'm unlikely to visit (by car or by any other means) half of the countries included in the maps but as I am getting near the end of the free updates it seem sensible to get the whole lot done.

you always get to download the last available one that you were allowed under your factory subscription so even in 2022 you should still be able to download your 2020 maps. At least that’s how it was with my a6.

Reactions: L_G
Unless they mess around with the system again...

I'd be far more inclined to stump up sum cash for map updates if the system didn't revert to having to visit the dealer like you had to the previous generation of cars and the charge reflect that.