2018_19 MMI Map Update

@thewanted - I too got this message on the BETA version.

If you log on here: https://login.audi.com/login
This should give you access to download the maps - at least it does with me.

Hey,

Thanks for the heads up. Whilst your link didn't resolve my issue, it did help to point me in the right direction.

The site was directing me to https://login.audi.com/login/#/en/US/home, but when I forced it to go to https://login.audi.com/login/#/en/GB/home instead, I was able to download the maps.

Its also available to download directly within the car, rather than downloading onto USB and then moving it across. That's how I did it on Monday.

Its also available to download directly within the car, rather than downloading onto USB and then moving it across. That's how I did it on Monday.

When I tried to do this, I kept getting an error message.

There is an option to select more, mine only had the south, but I installed the north too.....don't know why, its far to cold for me up there!

I doubt if the standard free date tariff will allow over 13gb's to download...

Success! Updated North West via the car. Took about 10 mins to download and install. The new road has finally appeared!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: cuke2u
I downloaded the entire UK on the built in SIM last week...

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Daggerit and tickedon
I doubt if the standard free date tariff will allow over 13gb's to download...

I've never heard of there being any limits on the built in SIMs to be honest. I imagine they take things like this into account but stop you taking the pi$$ by not providing internal WiFi on the standard internal SIM.

Hopefully there is actually proper map updates this time.
I have updated the maps twice on my 2016 model car and there are still lots of road updates it doesn’t recognise. Even roads built 8 years ago!

Hopefully there is actually proper map updates this time.
I have updated the maps twice on my 2016 model car and there are still lots of road updates it doesn’t recognise. Even roads built 8 years ago!

It's added a roundabout near me that's part of a bypass being built and has been there for less than a year, so I'm hopeful for you!

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
I haven't checked that a road opened in 2015 has yet appeared, might do today though...

Reactions: Daggerit
So tell me folks please. I have traffic sign recognition but ever since I've had the car (nearing two years) there are still a few local 'B' roads near me where the TSR displays 30mph but the road is signed as 40mph. So for example I pass from a 60 to 40 and the TSR recognises the change 40 but at a certain point within the 40 zone it changes to 30 despite there being no such limit / sign. Further along the road a 40 repeater sign is provided at the car's TSR pick this up and corrects the display. I'm assuming the car TSR system also works off speed information in the nav system metadata, which I have set on Google Earth and uses the camera as a trigger?
Can anyone confirm their understanding and whether they have experienced similar issues?
PS I've not (yet) encountered a 'wrong side' speed display higher than the signed limit but the latest map update hasn't 'cured' the random lower display problem, albeit I don't get that many of them.

Yes that sounds about right, it isn't completely perfect however it is never meant to substitute for the driver, thus it could not be used as a defence against speeding. However I seem to remember one or two have encountered a 100mph speed limit being displayed

For those of us with SD card based Audi navigation and unwilling to pay £300-£400 to our dealer for a new SD card map (say 2-3 years down the line), is it legal to buy a replacement SD card from https://www.satnavishop.co.uk or ebay for a fraction of the cost?

I think that what happens is if the sat nav maps think that the limit is 60mph and it's not seen any repeaters for a while saying otherwise, it reverts back to what it thinks the speed is. I've had this happen on a number of roads where the limits have been changed since the last map update. I've noticed though that after a few times of 'correcting' the system, it seems to remember the actual limit.

For those of us with SD card based Audi navigation and unwilling to pay £300-£400 to our dealer for a new SD card map (say 2-3 years down the line), is it legal to buy a replacement SD card from https://www.satnavishop.co.uk or ebay for a fraction of the cost?
Ebay ones, if they been activated, will not work and even if they aren't then I would be dubious. I would check with that site whether they have any maps for the A4 B9 and whether a dealership will actually activate them.
I am sure this has been covered before on numerous threads in many different forums and no-one has found a cheaper way of getting around this issue. if you do all well and good...

Reactions: psychopomp1
Guys - stupid question, but I assume the HUD only integrates with the onboard navigation and won’t pull directions and interpret anything from google/Apple maps etc

Guys - stupid question, but I assume the HUD only integrates with the onboard navigation and won’t pull directions and interpret anything from google/Apple maps etc
Correct, the built-in Navigation is totally independent.

Reactions: TameAutumn
FYI - I updated mine straight from the MMI but arrived home and turned the car off before it had completed.

When I got in next morning I got a message straight away saying the update was complete. So it’s seems it’ll happily finish in the background.

Yeah....it downloads while driving and installs while parked.
If you check the update while driving it will actually say it will carry when next parked up once the download itself has finished

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yeah....it downloads while driving and installs while parked.
If you check the update while driving it will actually say it will carry when next parked up once the download itself has finished

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
This confused me slightly, as I was parked waiting for it. It actually means it will carry in when the ignition is next turned off.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Reactions: tickedon
Hi guys. I have a issue with my mmi. Somebody can activate function navi to a4 b9 2016
Received 539857753255850
Received 323998515250079
g

I activate navigation I make card with maps 2019 but how I will download 2019/2020 maps because from myaudi.co.uk I dont see to have maps update . I enter VIN number but dont show me update maps. Can someone to help me with maps for MIBHS.

There will be no updates showing for one of two reasons, 1 the number of five updates have been used, 2 you can't update an sd card based sat nav system..