SQ5 2018 SQ5

The 365 days suggests fixed interval annual service regime?

My understanding (with my Q5) is that 1st service was 10k or 1 year whichever came 1st. Inspection now shows as 9800 miles of 365 days, whichever comes 1st

Reactions: Dan_G
My understanding (with my Q5) is that 1st service was 10k or 1 year whichever came 1st. Inspection now shows as 9800 miles of 365 days, whichever comes 1st

Thanks - this seems like a complete pigs ear. Going to suck up the £500 (although haggle a bit first..) as all are saying same - dealer I bought it from will do it for £465 but they are 200 miles away...

In the scheme of running costs overall it’s nothing but it just grates that the extra £200 plus is because they don’t see it so often so they make some stuff up...

Well they should give you a decent loan car for that much money... the regulator and rear boot closure recalls took a while.

Well they should give you a decent loan car for that much money... the regulator and rear boot closure recalls took a while.

Recalls? With that, the brake clang and the fact it tells me I have a parking brake fault from time to time, they might need it overnight!

Reactions: NevMan
Recalls? With that, the brake clang and the fact it tells me I have a parking brake fault from time to time, they might need it overnight!

Yes, have been recall for window regulator and boot motor. The brake clang doesn’t bother me at all.

Yes, have been recall for window regulator and boot motor. The brake clang doesn’t bother me at all.

I only get it infrequently (more when cold) but the pronounced click when the abs kicks in at 25mph is annoying and apparently also improved with the solution.

@q5man do you know which vehicles the recalls impact?
We took delivery August last after really lengthy delays but I believe yours it a bit older?

@q5man do you know which vehicles the recalls impact?
We took delivery August last after really lengthy delays but I believe yours it a bit older?

I don’t specifically, but mine was a March 2018 delivery. Have you checked on MyAudi?

Yeah, checked just after I read your post. Nothing I could find. I assume it will show on the app not just web site?
Edit: just checked there too; nothing showing.

My SQ5 will go for it’s 1st year service on Friday. Since I signed up to a 4 year service plan @£23/month (£276/year) I’m getting it serviced even though it’s only done 4k miles.

I have the tailgate software fix recall and a warranty issue with one plastic ‘grip’ in the armrest cupholder that stopped being springy and then annoyingly disappeared into the transmission tunnel.

Anyone know what the issue is that requires the tailgate software update? I hope it makes it more sensitive, as currently it will crush anything that is in it’s path!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My SQ5 will go for it’s 1st year service on Friday. Since I signed up to a 4 year service plan @£23/month (£276/year) I’m getting it serviced even though it’s only done 4k miles.

I have the tailgate software fix recall and a warranty issue with one plastic ‘grip’ in the armrest cupholder that stopped being springy and then annoyingly disappeared into the transmission tunnel.

Anyone know what the issue is that requires the tailgate software update? I hope it makes it more sensitive, as currently it will crush anything that is in it’s path!

I've not been made aware of the software recall, should I be???

I've not been made aware of the software recall, should I be???

They didnt tell me until I booked the service - along with a couple of others! I assume they are not deemed to be safety critical and so can be done when car is next seen.

@mxnrg I havent tried mine after to see if its had any effect, did notice before that it took a real force to stop it.....

...,,i was told & according to the Audi website ''no service plans for the S,RS, & R8'' model range?.

My Q5 (Albeit 2.0 TDI) shows as 2 years for its first service, they would have set it to one year or two years. Odds are one year is what they configured not what the car needs necessarily..

the OH's A3 was set to one year servicing despite us saying 2 years as lots of driving. We simply got told to ignore it and reset the indicators so we would get reminded in another year (ie two years).

My Q5 (Albeit 2.0 TDI) shows as 2 years for its first service, they would have set it to one year or two years. Odds are one year is what they configured not what the car needs necessarily..

the OH's A3 was set to one year servicing despite us saying 2 years as lots of driving. We simply got told to ignore it and reset the indicators so we would get reminded in another year (ie two years).

I was told 2 years or 19k miles if on variable interval servicing. Mine told me I need an oil change and an inspection about 400 miles apart, I ignored the oil change one and went for inspection at 19500 miles and 20 months old.

No Air ride for me - I am happy with the standard adjustable dampers.

Extended LED - this is really cool and the interior is lovely at night.
Matrix LED with dynamic front and rear indicators
Electric folding/dimming mirrors
B&O
Virtual Cockpit
Hill Hold Assit
Rear Camera
Electric pano roof
3 spoke flat bottom steering wheel
Navarra Blue
Rear airbags
Electric front seats with memory
20" 10 twin spoke wheels

There is a lot that comes as standard too like remote power tailgate, heated seats, privacy glass and pre sense - which bleeped at me the other day as a car in front had stopped quickly. Lots of clever tech.

I am loving the ride in comparison to the S3 - smooth and relax and happy wafting along the road. its not TOO big for car parks either, whcih was a concern - only 15 cm wider than the S3 - but feels much bigger inside.

MPG is up and down at the moment and i, annoyingly, cannot get the MMI to talk to the Audi server and activate Google Maps - but everything else works fine.

B&O is still a revelation!

200 miles so far and still very pleased.

Nice car - almost the same spec as mine, same colour but different wheels I think. Just mentioning the interior lighting - can you notice it at all during the day (with headlights on) ?

Very nice, although ive alway had A/S4s I have a soft spot for the SQ5.
I changed my car in April so not due to change for a while, also the carwow discount offers I was getting
On a new SQ5 ranged between 0 & 4% so wasn't enough to tempt me this time.
I'm guessing there will be a black pack option soon.
If you look on the used Audi site there's a few pictures to keep you going untill February!

Just changed to a petrol SQ5 from a B7 S4 and although I miss the sound of the V8 (had a full milltek), the SQ5 is a great car

Reactions: Bristle Hound, Keef and 45bvtc
I had a B6 S4 with the V8 and almost got a B7 , great engine, loved the sound but boy was it thirsty. Feel like I’ve missed out on the SQ5 now, but will certainly test drive the diesel version before making any judgment.
My hope is that it will sound like the SQ7

Reactions: Bristle Hound
I had a B6 S4 with the V8 and almost got a B7 , great engine, loved the sound but boy was it thirsty. Feel like I’ve missed out on the SQ5 now, but will certainly test drive the diesel version before making any judgment.
My hope is that it will sound like the SQ7
move to the dark side and try a BMW X3 M40i :whistle2:

Reactions: Keef
Had a string of BMs before my Audi days
Although I’m starting to like the new X5

Reactions: Bristle Hound and NevMan
Had a string of BMs before my Audi days
Although I’m starting to like the new X5

I wasn’t a fan of last X3 but new one much much better interior wise, and X5 is the same, just bigger. Coming out of 2018 Q5 X3 feels slightly bigger but isn’t really.

Also like the fact that Idrive controller remains alongside touch screen, where Audi are going purely touch and gesture ‍♂️

I too wanted SQ5, but the move to diesel not for me, and when I asked Audi to give me an indicative quote based on current SQ5 pricing (knowing you can’t order yet) came in so much higher than the spec’d up M40i. Helped that I got £9.7k off it

Reactions: Bristle Hound and Keef