SQ5 2018 SQ5

DeckedS3

Reaction score
Bit the bullet last weekend and ordered a new SQ5. Took it for a test drive a few weeks back. It drove nice, lacked a bit of power but to be expected I guess. Bolted a some nice extras and expecting it to be delivered sometime in February or sooner.

Anyone else got one or waiting for theirs?

For now this is all I have to look at :blink:

37148784002_a41a255bf0_z.jpg

Reactions: paul wev
Very nice, although ive alway had A/S4s I have a soft spot for the SQ5.
I changed my car in April so not due to change for a while, also the carwow discount offers I was getting
On a new SQ5 ranged between 0 & 4% so wasn't enough to tempt me this time.
I'm guessing there will be a black pack option soon.
If you look on the used Audi site there's a few pictures to keep you going untill February!

Was there nothing that you could get a little earlier form pre configured / ordered dealer stock?

I managed to find one that was 99% the build i would have done a couple of months ago rather than waiting the full 6 to ship from Mexico etc. It was already in Germany going through inspection.

The Q5 platform is the best selling model for Audi, so they wont discount it much at all, sadly.

Nothing available near our trim. We added some nice bits as we intend on keeping it for a while.

How you finding it?

Picked it up today.

Drove 110 miles and got 32mpg out of it, so not too bad.

Quick observations.

It rides really well in Auto mode - have yet to try other modes.

Gearbox is really smooth....

Engine is silky smooth too with a nice V6 burble - haven't gone over 4K revs - and seems eager to rev and gave a little 'parp' once.

It's really flipping quiet in the cabin. At 70 you can hear a pin drop.

B&O system is the best I've ever heard - way better than the S3 B&O system - loads of bass range which is very impressive.

I am very pleased indeed.

Filled up from 1/4 tank showing and it took 50 litres of Shell V Power.

Interior lighting in all the different colours is a fun touch that looks superb.

All in all it's a very high quality vehicle - a huge step up from the S3, which is the biggest surprise.

Reactions: DeckedS3 and paul wev
Good feedback considering you've come from an S3, I have an 8P and a 8V. And I think the B&O in the 8V is so much better than the Bose in the 8P so if the B&O is even better in the SQ5, I'm a happy man!

Do you have air ride? That's something I didn't add but I did consider it. I'm still not sure....

MY spec includes;
Comfort and sound pack
Extended LED
Light and vision pack
Red brakes (wife insisted)
Phone box wireless charging
Camera based traffic sign recognition
Electric folding/dimming mirrors
Carbon atlas inlays
B&O
Electric pano roof
3 spoke flat bottom steering wheel
Daytona grey
Rear airbags
Electric front seats with memory
Heated front/rear seats (apparently the kid can't have a cold ****)
21" 5 twin spoke wheels

Good feedback considering you've come from an S3, I have an 8P and a 8V. And I think the B&O in the 8V is so much better than the Bose in the 8P so if the B&O is even better in the SQ5, I'm a happy man!

Do you have air ride? That's something I didn't add but I did consider it. I'm still not sure....

MY spec includes;
Comfort and sound pack
Extended LED
Light and vision pack
Red brakes (wife insisted)
Phone box wireless charging
Camera based traffic sign recognition
Carbon atlas inlays
B&O
Electric pano roof
Daytona grey
Rear airbags
Heated front/rear seats (apparently the kid can't have a cold ****)
21" 5 twin spoke wheels
That is a really nice spec. I'm sure February can't come quick enough!

Reactions: DeckedS3
No Air ride for me - I am happy with the standard adjustable dampers.

Extended LED - this is really cool and the interior is lovely at night.
Matrix LED with dynamic front and rear indicators
B&O
Virtual Cockpit
Hill Hold Assit
Rear Camera
Electric pano roof
Navarra Blue
Rear airbags
20" 10 twin spoke wheels

There is a lot that comes as standard too like remote power tailgate, heated seats, privacy glass and pre sense - which bleeped at me the other day as a car in front had stopped quickly. Lots of clever tech.

I am loving the ride in comparison to the S3 - smooth and relax and happy wafting along the road. its not TOO big for car parks either, whcih was a concern - only 15 cm wider than the S3 - but feels much bigger inside.

MPG is up and down at the moment and i, annoyingly, cannot get the MMI to talk to the Audi server and activate Google Maps - but everything else works fine.

B&O is still a revelation!

200 miles so far and still very pleased.

Reactions: Ferg and DeckedS3
Nice spec too. I was pleasantly surprised with the standard spec. I'm looking forward to the virtual cockpit, my sis has it on her TT and I love it.

I love it - had it on the last S3.

Two little niggles.

Cant get the Audi Connect to work - says server currently unavailable try later - so thats a trip to a dealer when I can be bothered.

There is a quite noisy clunking at 25 mph when, i presume, the doors auto lock - need to get that looked at, its loud enough to mean somethings not right IMO - might be fuel cap cover.

Other than that, and the fact i don't need to drive anywhere at the moment nor do i feel the need to give it WOT everywhere, it continues to exceed expectations.

It makes me wonder if a standard 2.0TFSI (S-Line) Q5 would have been enough.....

Drive home revealed a couple of things.

Doors lock at 10 mph, so it's not that.

The clunk you can feel too.

Off to google...

With the power of google I have discovered that it's the abs pump doing some check / priming.

It's something that affects A4, S4, Q5, SQ5 apparently and reduces as the car gets driven more.

Bit of a play last night in dynamic and sport / manual mode.

Dynamic simply removes body roll. Slow (ish) speed driving around town revealed that it handles REALLY rather well around corners or through chicane type road layouts. This is a new thing for me and very impressive. Seemed to handle as well as the S3... I will stress this was up to 40mph tho. I'm not expecting it to be the same as a low CoG hatchback, but it's not far off.

Lots of pops, bangs and rumbles on downshifting to around 3k revs.

Have yet to push it past 4K on an acceleration.... 300 miles so far...

Bit of a play last night in dynamic and sport / manual mode.

Dynamic simply removes body roll. Slow (ish) speed driving around town revealed that it handles REALLY rather well around corners or through chicane type road layouts. This is a new thing for me and very impressive. Seemed to handle as well as the S3... I will stress this was up to 40mph tho. I'm not expecting it to be the same as a low CoG hatchback, but it's not far off.

Lots of pops, bangs and rumbles on downshifting to around 3k revs.

Have yet to push it past 4K on an acceleration.... 300 miles so far...

Liking the new sq are ya?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a small issue with my order. Audi advised that the rear airbags and the camera based traffic sign recognition could no longer be ordered. The rear airbags are a must so they've done some research and it works out that Audi are updating the options list and changes won't take effect until the 13th of October. Only then will they be able to add the rear airbags and something called a tour pack? Not sure what that comprises of. I suspect it means a small delay :triumph:

How long are they quoting you for delivery now? I heard some horrendous times being bandied about recently - like 6 months...

In other news, I am looking for some rear seat covers as i will have to pick up muddy, post rugby, kids soon....

Still loving it - do 250 miles this weekend and my only 'gripe' is the mpg which averaged 31 mpg - probably about 10 less than the S3.

They haven't given me a date yet. I suspect it'll be 4.5 months (fingers crossed).

I don't think I've ever seen 31mpg in either S3, so I'm not expecting much with the SQ5. The next car will probably be battery or some form of a hybrid, so I'm kinda going out with a bang :laughing:

Reactions: mxnrg and paul wev
Couple of niggles you might get in either a new SQ5 or Q5:

1. At 24 mph the ABS tests itself and you get two rapid, audible, 'clunks' you can also feel through the pedals - nothing to worry about.

2. Audi Connect was difficult to get working initially. You may need to deactivate the Data Module and then reactivate it to get Google Maps and the other Connect services working. Took me a while to figure this out.

In other news, I'll hit 1000 miles on the way home tonight.....

006AD8D4 91CE 4BF4 B47D AE63F439328E 5FCC2DE7 4663 4517 9CD5 7C9A15A297A5
Hello from another ex-S3 owner :yes:

Nirvana blue SQ5, awesome bit of kit

Reactions: Pinky1959, Jsmills, Ian66 and 2 others
2. Audi Connect was difficult to get working initially. You may need to deactivate the Data Module and then reactivate it to get Google Maps and the other Connect services working. Took me a while to figure this out.

I think i had this issue with the S3. I thought it was me :laughing:.

Welcome Mike!

That looks like my car!

Navarra is, in my humble opinion, the nicest Audi colour (having had the S3 in it previously...).

I only have the 20" wheels though. Am thinking of getting some 21's and converting the 20's to winter wheels when the 21's start coming up on ebay.

Audi have confirmed my SQ5 is expected to begin construction on the 25th of December.... Apparently! Someone's going to have a bad Christmas.

I ordered a Daytona Grey SQ5 on Saturday. No confirmed dates yet, but my order form stated 31st May 2018 as the estimated delivery date. Not a problem for me, as my current PCP ends on May 17th. Could convince the misses to go with Navarra Blue, but did manage to specify Air Suspension and Quattro Sport Diff to increase the fun

Will you toast your car build on Christmas Day ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bit the bullet last weekend and ordered a new SQ5. Took it for a test drive a few weeks back. It drove nice, lacked a bit of power but to be expected I guess. Bolted a some nice extras and expecting it to be delivered sometime in February or sooner.

Anyone else got one or waiting for theirs?

For now this is all I have to look at :blink:

Hi DeckedS3,

Damn it has been sometime since we last spoke! you may not remember me from the days of the VW Golf R32 and the Brands Hatch meets back in 2006-2008 period, back then you had your FT360 Golf R32! help jog the memory, I am the one who had the cats! well the wife did. Username on the Golf R32 forum was 'Zirconium'. I have moved on to other cars since, including EVO X, M135i and now have settled with the S4.

Congratulations on the new Audi SQ5, you will love the car and the engine is absolutely great. In march this year we took delivery of a new Audi S4 estate and I am in love with the car :happy:. Saying that, when I ordered the S4, I would have loved the SQ5 but it was not released and was told the new SQ5 would be diesel so I decided to go for the S4.

We are looking at a Q5 at the moment but the 2.0 TFSI 252 bhp to replace the Audi A1 we use as a daily driver.

Look forward to the pictures when it comes and hopefully I paths will cross at some point in the future during a meet!

All the best
Shaun

Reactions: DeckedS3 and SPIKE_
That was a while ago, but yes, i remember (just) :whistle2:
I've still got the S3 I replaced the R32 with, its going to keep it for the long term as a weekend toy.

Small update:
SQ5

Any progress on your SQ5, Assembly complete?

Some good discounts to be had on the sq5 at the moment I’m pricing around a few places. This is the best I’ve found so far

65E20D31 85D4 4450 8A4C 3957C5FAFE69

Agreed, I managed to get my local Audi dealer to match my best quote. You'll be waiting a long time for delivery though. Mines shipped but it's still not on it's way to the UK. They've got some delays, up to 12 weeks apparently.

I’m in the middle of deciding what to do and what spec I want. Replacing the wife Q3 to go alongside my S4.
Longer the delivery will suit me better as I’ll be sending the Q3 back early.

Some good discounts to be had on the sq5 at the moment I’m pricing around a few places. This is the best I’ve found so far

That is a nice discount, around 12%. Beats what I got before Christmas from my dealer. Is that for a custom spec factory order, or a existing stock car?

That was for whatever spec I wanted on the car ie factory order. I am being quoted about 4 months for delivery. If they had something similar sitting in stock I would consider it.

That was for whatever spec I wanted on the car ie factory order. I am being quoted about 4 months for delivery. If they had something similar sitting in stock I would consider it.

4 months for delivery sounds optimistic, unless your dealer assigns you an existing order slot that they can still modify.

I ordered Dec 16th 2017 and my dealer assigned my spec to a sale entered on Dec 7th. The order went through on Dec 19th and was assigned build week 10 (5th March). Assuming 12 weeks build and shipping time, I guesstimate my car will be delivered in late May 2018...