2018 Sedan - S3 Ara blue no s-sports seats vs. Navarra blue with sports seats.

2018 loaded ara blue s3 minus S-sports seats OR loaded s3 navarra blue with S-sports seats

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

calvincc_s3

Reaction score
Trying to decide on the two at my dealership.-- Both S3's come with the premium plus package but the color (ara blue) I love are missing the s sports seats, and my second favorite color (navarra blue) have the s-sports seats. Which do you prefer?

Trying to decide on the two at my dealership.-- Both S3's come with the premium plus package but the color (ara blue) I love are missing the s sports seats, and my second favorite color (navarra blue) have the s-sports seats. Which do you prefer?

Only you can decide mate but a photo of each of the cars would have helped greatly

Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan
My personal preference would be Navarra blue with the normal sport seat (with alcantara). Ho-hum.

If they are both the same spec, apart from the seats, I'd go for the Super Sport seats.

Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan
Ara is a bit bling for me and I prefer the standard seats but it's your choice, not mine.

The standard seats are completely hopeless on side support. The cynic in me thinks Audi done this deliberately.
However I do love Ara Blue, it was the only colour I considered. I've never had so many compliments about the colour with any previous car.
Tough decision......... :D

Last edited:
Reactions: NevMan and Adam14
Depends what you prefer more, colour or seats. Personally I find the standard sports seats comfortable enough, however never sat in an S3 with them. Best bet is to test drive both and see what you prefer

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Depends what you prefer more, colour or seats. Personally I find the standard sports seats comfortable enough, however never sat in an S3 with them. Best bet is to test drive both and see what you prefer

I've had both types of seats in my S3's and the ss seats do offer more lateral support lower down in the kidney area.
I personally don't like plain black leather seats in any Audi

I've had both types of seats in my S3's and the ss seats do offer more lateral support lower down in the kidney area.
I personally don't like plain black leather seats in any Audi
My seats are grey

My seats are grey

Still plain looking though ..... Lol
DSC 0019
DSC 0058

Reactions: calvincc_s3, Jcbmally, Ron240 and 2 others
I was under the impression that the super sports seats were a different shape with deeper side bolsters etc....but apart from looking fancy they seem to be the same basic shape?
IMO any car with the cornering potential of an S3 should have properly supportive seats as standard.

Reactions: Lehn and Jassyo06
Depends what means more to you, but to me colour is option important number 1! When going from my A3 to S3 I had a list of desired spec, some of it fell in the must haves and some fell into nice to haves. Both colour and SSS were in the must haves however lol. But if it has to be one of those 2 cars then for me my preferred colour wins, but then I think Ara is on another level to Navarra. Navarra going to be far more common with it now being available on a standard A4, and I find it often just looks like Scuba, which I find a bit dull. It’s obviously still a lush colour but for me it doesn’t have the ‘wow’ factor.

Reactions: NevMan
Depends what means more to you, but to me colour is option important number 1! When going from my A3 to S3 I had a list of desired spec, some of it fell in the must haves and some fell into nice to haves. Both colour and SSS were in the must haves however lol. But if it has to be one of those 2 cars then for me my preferred colour wins, but then I think Ara is on another level to Navarra. Navarra going to be far more common with it now being available on a standard A4, and I find it often just looks like Scuba, which I find a bit dull. It’s obviously still a lush colour but for me it doesn’t have the ‘wow’ factor.
Navarra not got the wow factor gibberish mate
DSC 0160

Reactions: calvincc_s3, Snake Pliskin, Andy F and 4 others
I had the option of Navarra and ara blue and went with the ara blue. In the right light the navarra was stunning but in most lighting conditions it was like a normal navy blue. The ara blue was that bit special. In dull light it was like rich blue and in bright lights you see that metal flake and it’s almost a different colour.
Colour is quite a personal thing. Some of my mates think ara blue is a bit girly colour.
I would have liked the Ss seats but in the s3 it looks like just a different back and same base(bum part) and no electric memory as well. All manual! The back looked to me a bit chunkier than the standard so took up valuable space in the back.
Just wasn’t special enough for the expense. The ones in s4/5/6 and other rs were a lot nicer and just a bit more special. Think some had massage as well.

Reactions: Pook
Although a cracking colour, Ara blue screams Audi S3. Navara is a bit less conspicuous and less likely to draw un wanted attention.

Just my view.

Reactions: calvincc_s3
Although a cracking colour, Ara blue screams Audi S3. Navara is a bit less conspicuous and less likely to draw un wanted attention.

Just my view.

For me after having like 8 cars in white, silver and black I wanted something a bit shouty to be honest if the dealer had a yellow or bright green one I might have got that.
Ara blue fits the bill for that. Navara blends in with the crowds

Reactions: Pook and NevMan
For me colour is really important, but I think it depends on whether or not the cars have the black pack, personally I think Ara suits the black styling of the grill etc not a fan of the chrome with Ara paintwork. However, the exact opposite with Navara I think that looks a lot better with chrome.

Super Sport Seats are great though, not that they add much in terms of support they look good and should be standard to be honest!

For me after having like 8 cars in white, silver and black I wanted something a bit shouty to be honest if the dealer had a yellow or bright green one I might have got that.
Ara blue fits the bill for that. Navara blends in with the crowds

Car colour is really personal so no need to justify your choice mate, you're paying for it after all. I just think that model specific colours like Ara on the S3 Lapiz blue on the Golf R act as a beacon for scallys cruising around looking for cars to rob.

Last edited:

I am hurt by this comment ;-) Navarra all day over Peugeot 206 blue aka Ara all day....

I do like Ara it’s just a tad too light for me, some great Ara examples on here though. Personally I think Nevarra is a very classy looking colour.

I would always opt for the car with SSS though, they really set the interior off, my friends always comment on how nice they look when they 1st get in.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I would go Navarra if it where my choice purely from a detailing point of view, as it will scrub up better than Ara
Then again l wouldn't do another standard optioned painted Audi again,
just my view

Reactions: Andy F and NevMan
if the seats in both cars are made of the same material and you desperately want the ss seats see if the dealer will swap them over .
You can only ask ! !

My Ara blue S3 scrubs up spectacularly. Never had so many compliments on colour as with the Ara blue, good coat of polish and the paint sparkles in the sun. Personally I'd choose Ara blue but I'm probably biased...

Reactions: Pook
My Ara blue S3 scrubs up spectacularly. Never had so many compliments on colour as with the Ara blue, good coat of polish and the paint sparkles in the sun. Personally I'd choose Ara blue but I'm probably biased...

I spent 2 days detailing a Ara blue S3 coating it with gyeon Syncro so l know how good it can look mate, your never going beat Navarra blue in the detailing stakes as it's a far darker colour

Reactions: Andy F and NevMan
I spent 2 days detailing a Ara blue S3 coating it with gyeon Syncro so l know how good it can look mate, your never going beat Navarra blue in the detailing stakes as it's a far darker colour
I'll take your word for it End of the day it all comes down to personal preference, otherwise we'd all be in the same coloured car

Reactions: TYb
I'll take your word for it End of the day it all comes down to personal preference, otherwise we'd all be in the same coloured car

DSC 0460

Reactions: TYb, Pinky1959, Pook and 1 other person
Navarra not got the wow factor gibberish mate View attachment 163119
Just my opinion innit. And as for that photo well, under the right light with the right photo editing I could make Dulux matt brown look amazing. Navarra does not look like that 99.9% of the time, fact. Navarra is a great colour, very classy, but I echo the other opinions. i.e it just blends in with the crowd (what some people want I agree), and I think it’s just a one dimensional (very nice) paint. Ara snaps/crackles/POPS in the words of Mr Kellogg. It also has a thousand faces depending on the lighting which makes it a very special paint.

I am hurt by this comment ;-) Navarra all day over Peugeot 206 blue aka Ara all day....

I do like Ara it’s just a tad too light for me, some great Ara examples on here though. Personally I think Nevarra is a very classy looking colour.

I would always opt for the car with SSS though, they really set the interior off, my friends always comment on how nice they look when they 1st get in.
Both great colours, horses for courses that’s all :) I agree the SSS are a v classy touch, the grey stitching matches the dark leather very nicely.

Reactions: TYb
Navarra is a classy colour and looks great all buffed up in the sun, but it is a very dark blue and a bit of a nightmare to keep looking at it's best. I like and have Ara, but I would take Sepang over both those blues, even though it has the issues of a darker blue to maintain. Sepang is great in any lighting, whilst Ara looses out in full sunlight but has an advantage on especially gloomy and rainy days.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Navarra is a classy colour and looks great all buffed up in the sun, but it is a very dark blue and a bit of a nightmare to keep looking at it's best. I like and have Ara, but I would take Sepang over both those blues, even though it has the issues of a darker blue to maintain. Sepang is great in any lighting, whilst Ara looses out in full sunlight but has an advantage on especially gloomy and rainy days.
I agree with all of that including Sepang probably being the best (just). I do however also like Ara in full sun because of the amount of crystal in it, it sparkles so much it’s almost blinding and makes it look a million dollars. But I agree the actual shade of the colour in sunlight isn’t as nice as the darker ones.

Reactions: Adam14
Seems I am in a minority here, but I'd take Ara any day of the week even without SS.

Reactions: Pook, Ron240, oli356 and 1 other person
I don’t get this.
No offense, but I wouldn’t give a toss what other people thought as it’s purely subjective.

As mentioned earlier by someone, pick which option is more important to you (colour or SSS) and make a decision from there.

Whilst you look at your car everyday and therefore colour is somewhat important. I would be far more concerned with the comfort of my backside and seat in general.

Reactions: NevMan and Jassyo06