2018 RS3 tire configuration

Simen Langeland

2018 RS3
Reaction score
Hi, I picked up a slightly used (8000 km) 2018 RS3 from a dealer a couple of weeks ago. The dealer removed the Winter Wheels and put on the fresh summer Wheels before I bought the car. The summer tire spec on my car is 255 wide tires in front and 235 rear, but the dealer put on the Wheels With the widest tires in the rear (the dealer normally sells BMW and Mercedes).

My question is: do I have to change the Wheels and put the 255 in front and the 235 rear? Or is it ok to keep it as it is? I use this car as a daily, and have no plans to take it on track (yet), so the understeer is not a problem for me. I kind of like the widest tires on the rear Wheels, makes it bit Porsche:)

Yes swap them round. The 255s should be at the front :)

Reactions: Simen Langeland
Would be fascinating to see how it handles with the wheels back to front!

Hi, I picked up a slightly used (8000 km) 2018 RS3 from a dealer a couple of weeks ago. The dealer removed the Winter Wheels and put on the fresh summer Wheels before I bought the car. The summer tire spec on my car is 255 wide tires in front and 235 rear, but the dealer put on the Wheels With the widest tires in the rear (the dealer normally sells BMW and Mercedes).

My question is: do I have to change the Wheels and put the 255 in front and the 235 rear? Or is it ok to keep it as it is? I use this car as a daily, and have no plans to take it on track (yet), so the understeer is not a problem for me. I kind of like the widest tires on the rear Wheels, makes it bit Porsche:)

Jeeez now there's a collectable...................a dealer not knowing his elbow from his knee :sadlike:

Talk about knowing your product.:sadlike:

Reactions: drgav2005
Would be fascinating to see how it handles with the wheels back to front!
It will understeer like the 8P ;)

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Keithm and D0C