2018 B9 RS5 - The first 1000kms then the next 1500 after that

RS5_Alpha

Reaction score
Avid Audi enthusiasts alike

I am a long term proponent of forums, born mid 80s and been on a fair amount of them. I have a new Audi B9 RS5 2018 and it's so far done 480kms. In Australia at moment and very keen to hear from the community and fans on

A. How should you drive in the first 1000kms ensure you maintain not only not only longevity of car BUT to get the maximum sports potential out of it as it develops itself and learns your driving style

B. What do you then do for the next 1500 kms and beyond and when do you drop oil as the service intervals here in Australia are 15k, 30k, 45k

C. What is the individual setting that works for you? Mine is auto on gearbox/engine , steering and suspension and cruise control whilst dynamic on sound and sports differential

D. Has anyone had any issues so far in the first 5000kms? What are they and what is the ongoing resolution?

Whilst there isn't a specific thread for all this here or perhaps I am in the wrong place and other RS5 forums out there that are more suitable do point me in the right direction

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

A - Drive it like you stole it anytime you like from the very first mile as long as you let it warm up first.

B - As per A

C - Chop and change often between Dynamic, Comfort and Auto. Don’t use Individual much. You need the gearbox in S for the full-phat exhaust noise in any of those modes so I chop/change that as well.

D - Had some rattles in the drivers door around the memory seat switches which I sorted myself. Car also went in for a silent recall for the Breather pipe (search my threads for the details and call your dealer if you want it done)

Reactions: RS5_Alpha
A - Drive it like you stole it anytime you like from the very first mile as long as you let it warm up first.

B - As per A

C - Chop and change often between Dynamic, Comfort and Auto. Don’t use Individual much. You need the gearbox in S for the full-phat exhaust noise in any of those modes so I chop/change that as well.

D - Had some rattles in the drivers door around the memory seat switches which I sorted myself. Car also went in for a silent recall for the Breather pipe (search my threads for the details and call your dealer if you want it done)
Thank you for replying. I trust the advice
In respect to the breather pipe thing, is there a way we can tell if affected ?

Audi have advised all outstanding issues would have been done pre delivery

Their email also states on this

"...In regard to his questions surrounding the breather pipe - Without a problem or fault then there in no reason to replace a part or component. If Audi believe the part must be replaced, then the rectification would come out in the form of a campaign or recall...."

Folks, those whom picked up new RS5 , how long did it take for the brakes, tyres and overall engine transmissions and smells to settle down. As a new car and that too mechanical, you will hear noises when you turn it off , on the cool down , the brakes cooling down, things expanding and collapsing

Is this the right forum for rs5 discussion as well or is there a other better one

If you do a search under my user name you’ll find a copy of the breather pipe campaign. Your car may not have been affected.

Not sure what you’re asking in your other post. It’s a performance car with tight tolerances. They’ll always be times when it’s noisy and smelly after use. All depends on how you’ve just driven it.

Reactions: NevMan
If you do a search under my user name you’ll find a copy of the breather pipe campaign. Your car may not have been affected.

Not sure what you’re asking in your other post. It’s a performance car with tight tolerances. They’ll always be times when it’s noisy and smelly after use. All depends on how you’ve just driven it.

Thanks.

Obviously that is true and I agree, i just want to understand
A) is this the best forum for rs5 owners or is another forum better. Discussion wise etc
B) Hear from other people who own the Audi RS5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dunno. There are many RS5s on the road so the forums aren’t particularly busy.

Reactions: RS5_Alpha and NevMan
Same with the RS4 which I have, all forums pretty quiet as hardly anyone has one.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan
Same with the RS4 which I have, all forums pretty quiet as hardly anyone has one.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

But most of us would love to have one

Reactions: oli356 and Terminator x
As quiet as the cars exhaust .... ?
:(

Sign of the of times unfortunately. New EU legislation dictates that car noise must be less. The rest of the range will catch up as model refreshes come in. Will have a big impact on new AMG products I reckon and BMW have withdrawn their M Peformance Exhausts already.

Audi etc missing a trick imho as they should offer performance parts that can be fitted to the car when it gets delivered eg yes we had to put a silenced exhaust on in the factory but when delivered we removed that POS and put a proper one on!

TX.

Audi etc missing a trick imho as they should offer performance parts that can be fitted to the car when it gets delivered eg yes we had to put a silenced exhaust on in the factory but when delivered we removed that POS and put a proper one on!

TX.

Is that what happened with the 4 TX

Dunno. There are many RS5s on the road so the forums aren’t particularly busy.
I know that . Just trying to find the right place for discussions. Have been on forums since year 1999 and popping clutches since 1997 ;)

TX.

They’re finally coming with the Audi sport range. Currently only available on R8 and TT but they’re coming to the rest of the range.

Why it’s taken them so long to see how much money folk are spending on M Performance stuff over at BMW, I’ll never know.

Reactions: RS5_Alpha and Terminator x