Q5 2018 Audi Q5 Problems

CheleS

Reaction score
I recently had a 70,000 service for my 2018 Audi Q5 (I'm at about 68.5k miles). They showed me how there is a problem with suspension because the Lower Mount is corroded & caused the rear spring coils to snap (on both sides). They need to replace the rear Spring Coils on each side. This will also require an alignment (with 1 driver assist camera & adjustment) so it's a hefty fix and certainly unexpected. It also requires the rear tires to be rotated & balanced. Also, the auxiliary bracket coolant is leaking (& dried), so they said I need to replace the gasket & Thermostat which is a 5-6 hour job. Again, another hefty fix. And something I wasn't surprised about was a recommendation for an alignment (which was better than hearing I needed to replace my rear tires since I replaced my front tires a year ago). My bill will be about $4500....for a "new" car I've had <5 years! I live in NY state & keep my car garaged. I try to wash winter salt off as soon as I can. They could not tell me what would cause the corrosion. I asked how they could not see it from its last service and I was told "a lot can happen in 10,000 miles."

Does this seem right? I'm not a car person & can't say I know what I'm doing so I think for safety reasons, I need to follow their advice. While I like how the Audi drives, I hate the bells & whistles (and things like premature breaking on my behalf when not needed). The windows have been a problem, but they don't hear it. My windshield was hit within a week of owning it and I had to pay a lot to replace it with an Audi windshield rather than the no-cost covered-by-insurance one. And it's had at least 3 recalls. Thank you! ~Michele

In case my message was too long & unclear, I'm wondering if anyone thinks a 2018 Q5 with < 70k miles should have corrosion requiring significant replacement of parts. What would cause this? Is there a way to prevent it? THX! ~Michele