Facelift 2018 Ara Blue RS3 Saloon: Alu-Optics or Black Optics?

Thank you, just got back from the Dealer had to go over a few details was going to go with the Dynamic plus package but realized it comes with the fixed sport suspension and the roads in the tri state area not the greatest so I decided against it plus it saved me $5000.00, I'll have to get the carbon engine covers after market I really want them. I am 3rd in production my dealer Paul Miller Audi is only getting 8 cars its a super limited car and told me it should be before Thanksgiving but he could not guarantee it

Ara Blue w/ Black Optics in daylight:

af31586b435d7753b496c3d8526ec844.jpg

Source:

This has been discussed / argued many times, it's nothing like Ara it's totally flat!!

Clearly Nogaro.

Thank you, just got back from the Dealer had to go over a few details was going to go with the Dynamic plus package but realized it comes with the fixed sport suspension and the roads in the tri state area not the greatest so I decided against it plus it saved me $5000.00, I'll have to get the carbon engine covers after market I really want them. I am 3rd in production my dealer Paul Miller Audi is only getting 8 cars its a super limited car and told me it should be before Thanksgiving but he could not guarantee it

Sorry to act dull, when is thanksgiving?

I tell you what when Sepang was a standard colour, I wasn't that keen. I wanted Ara when it wasn't available but now I've seen it on my mates S3, yes it's very bright but doesn't do it for me anymore. Which leaves me with Racing Blue, gutted Sepang isn't standard. I wouldn't however pay over £2000 for Sepang, it would have to be Racing blue to be different.

I'm just fired up ! RS models are so rare in the USA and I'm truly Blessed to be able to get one I love Audi been driving them for 20 years . One of the young salesmen (used car sales manager) came up to me today he said man you have no idea what you just ordered.. They had the Ara Blue at the New York City Car show and it's beautiful and in the sun its got to be amazing

Last edited:
I bet you can't wait to get it,I'm sure it'll be worth it though for you,well done you for ordering it.
A few weeks ago while I was in Glasgow city centre an American guy came over to me asking about mines (RS3) said he had never seen one before and that youse don't get that model over there,only the RS6.
So if that's true yours will be extremely rare over there.

I'm just fired up ! RS models are so rare in the USA and I'm truly Blessed to be able to get one I love Audi been driving them for 20 years . One of the young salesmen (used car sales manager) came up to me today he said man you have no idea what you just ordered
I bet you can't wait to get it,I'm sure it'll be worth it though for you,well done you for ordering it.
A few weeks ago while I was in Glasgow city centre an American guy came over to me asking about mines (RS3) said he had never seen one before and that youse don't get that model over there,only the RS6.
So if that's true yours will be extremely rare over there.
We have not received an RS6 SINCE 2003 but we do get the RS 7 but it is very expensive starts at $120.000 american

I'm in a minority, but Ara Blue does nothing for me. Not a patch on the old Sepang.

Reactions: FBF01
Whatever the colour... Although I like it, I can't see the point of the Sedan over the Sportback....
Even though I am getting one, I do honestly think the car isn't the greatest looker and the Sedan makes it look even more normal - like a small Passat..
Sorry...

And... whichever.... Blue with Alu would be my choice (even though the best purchase for me I have spotted is black and alu :) )

The Black.

Can you do me a huge favor and post some pictures of your car? That's the exact combo I'm looking at and would love to see what it looks like (pictures of this combo have been few and far between).

Can you do me a huge favor and post some pictures of your car? That's the exact combo I'm looking at and would love to see what it looks like (pictures of this combo have been few and far between).
[photo=medium]8453[/photo][photo=medium]8452[/photo]

Reactions: Enbarr, Evotion and mattvandyk
It is night right now over here, Ill take more pictures tomorrow and upload them here.

Reactions: Enbarr and mattvandyk
[photo=medium]8464[/photo]
[photo=medium]8465[/photo]
[photo=medium]8467[/photo]
[photo=medium]8468[/photo]
[photo=medium]8466[/photo]

Reactions: mattvandyk
[photo=medium]8469[/photo]
[photo=medium]8470[/photo]
[photo=medium]8473[/photo]
[photo=medium]8474[/photo]

Reactions: mattvandyk
That is awesome, @UAE !!! That's EXACTLY my setup (except I don't have the power seats; not an option here). Thanks for sharing!!