Facelift 2018 Ara Blue RS3 Saloon: Alu-Optics or Black Optics?

mattvandyk

Reaction score
Really struggling with Alu-optic vs Black Optic...thoughts?

faeb7bbe0c96bf4cc1d6a14c2756aa7b.jpg

Reactions: 45bvtc
i'm starting to think black optic is a bit "passe"....matte chrome quartz is the new black optic!

Reactions: AudiNutta
Black every time, the car just looks more fit for purpose with the black optics. Once photos in the colour you want start popping up it will change your mind

Reactions: MartayMcFly and PanamaS3
Black every time, the car just looks more fit for purpose with the black optics. Once photos in the colour you want start popping up it will change your mind
On Glacier I'd agree (snap btw :) but Blue....meeergh....Nogaro....maybe

Reactions: Jermaine
Alu optics gets my vote for are blue

Alu for the old boys. Black pack for the younger, sportier look!

Reactions: FBF01
Alu for me. I can't believe it's ever a choice. The black ones just look so much plainer (yeah I appreciate that's an S3)

Alu also, black is just dark with no lines and forms like the silver.

Black with blue. Like my Sepang. Looks more purposeful and sporty. Ford Kuga's are full of Alu trim.....

I really don't like the new Ara blue. Too wish washy. Sepang was superior to my eyes.

Ara blue just doesn't seem to suit the car. It is a nice colour but not bold enough imo

Sepang every time.
IMG 3121

Reactions: Beebee-one, AndyB-S3, Jassyo06 and 4 others
Agree with black pack on sepang (well I would wouldn't I lol)

But with the lighter ara blue me thinks the alu pack would suit it better

Reactions: AudiNutta, Radman and Snake Pliskin
Nevarra blue is the blue you want.

I also think Ara may be a touch too light for the RS3.

If the S3's I have seen in nevarra I think black or alu trim works .... but I don't like chrome window cappings - they are too limo like for my taste so gotta be black window trim for me.

Reactions: Radman
The Ara with the Alu is a friendly car, a car that would hug another car after being scared by the RS3s exhaust. It's a sensitive car. It does capoeiro, the Brazilian art of dance farting. It has a unapologetic man-bun. I'm going going with Alu's brother, BO, who's more of an all around **** really.

Reactions: AudiNutta and mattvandyk
Found on the internet today...trying to find additional pictures (not filtered) to get a better idea, but if they're like this, it makes it a closer call...

18010688 1503994829633460 6492342427894180766 n

Reactions: AudiNutta and Radman
On the sport back i went for black but on this newer one the alu looks way better

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I really like the subtlety of Estoril Blue on my S3 so I was thinking Nevarra with Aluminium but I could be easily swayed towards Ara with Black.
However, I am concerned that Ara is a bit too "Look-at-Me" for me at my time of life! It looks a bit like the Sprint Blue on my old 8P S3.

I really like the subtlety of Estoril Blue on my S3 so I was thinking Nevarra with Aluminium but I could be easily swayed towards Ara with Black.
However, I am concerned that Ara is a bit too "Look-at-Me" for me at my time of life! It looks a bit like the Sprint Blue on my old 8P S3.

Unfortunately, the balance of the available colors are bright red (also a look-at-me color), and various shades of black and white, so...Ara Blue it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The saloon looks so flat and uninspiring or is it just me? The new front end siwsny do it for me at all. And those bumper reflectors??!!

Either way. The colour choice is the least of your worries at the sound of it. Size of your bank account is more important.

Must say, I was loving my panther black in the sun today!

Reactions: Jassyo06
Ara Blue w/ Black Optics in daylight:

af31586b435d7753b496c3d8526ec844.jpg

Source:

Looks like nogaro blue to me & very nice it is too

S3 saloon in nogaro to compare -

iu

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Jassyo06, SPIKE_ and 1 other person
I wouldn't do either for £900 bangers....wtf, plain mesh grill with the Matt aluminium surround would do me

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and AudiNutta
Yeah, you guys are definitely right. Disregard.

Here's a bunch of Ara/Black Optics shots:

756d7e3a7185baf66c290382a22d754d.jpg

And here's a more accurate Black Optics/Alu-Optics comparison:

d801ea9eccf4d4919b10d025e49e4c89.jpg

Alu-optics gets my vote. Maybe if it was black and you was aiming for stealthy, black optics would be the one.

I like the contrast of the Alu on the blue :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just ordered today Ara Blue Chrystal with Black optics package there is a reason it's an option and it's BAD *** !

Reactions: mattvandyk and SPIKE_
Just ordered today Ara Blue Chrystal with Black optics package there is a reason it's an option and it's BAD *** !
What an entrance to Audi-Sport.Net! I like your style....any idea as to when delivery is likely to be?