2018 A7 and 21 inch wheels

Dam0

Reaction score
I'll be collecting my new a7 on Tuesday. Ahead of this i've been reading a few articles which state that the 21 inch wheels ruin the ride. Mine has 21 rims and i'm now worried.

Anyone own the a7 with the 21 inch wheels? What are your thoughts?

I have the 2016 A7 and I don’t think it ruins the ride at all

I only have the S-Line Sports suspension and I think it’s better than the A4 Sline we had a few months ago

We have the black edition which comes with the 21” Rotor Alloys as standard

Reactions: koolkul
21's here too - no issues at all.
It's all about perception really - if you came from a 15" fat tyre soft suspension car, you WILL feel it but if you had something similar (I had an older A6 on 19") there were hardly any differences.

Only real issue I find is because of the size profile, there is 0 protection from the kerb etc so you need to be careful when parking etc

Yep,

for the width of the car I just wish the person, who created the car with Audi, had asked for the Wing Mirrors to point down when parking :(

good to hear, thanks.

i'm coming from my 2016 a4 sline on 19 inch wheels, low profile tyres (giving it to my wife), so suspect I wont notice a difference.

Yep,

for the width of the car I just wish the person, who created the car with Audi, had asked for the Wing Mirrors to point down when parking :(

Why don't you set it to do just that via VCDS ? :)
My one moves down (passenger side) when parking and when the mirror control is to the left mirror setting but this was a setting I had to set in VCDS

Here it is. Loving it.

Car

Reactions: Simonwhite2000, Leebroath, Ssteve and 2 others
Was looking at the costs of replacing the tyres eeeek

240a pop haha

Hi @Dam0 very nice car! I've had mine for about 3 weeks now loving it. The 21" seem to be 255/35 vs the 275/35 I had on my old a7. Slightly softer ride if anything compared to my old one. Definitely look a bit less easier to kerb with the Bridgestone Turanza tyres fitted.

Yep,

Hi @Leebroath, in my old A7 the passenger door mirror only went down for parking if you left the control switch selected to that mirror but then it would not heat during winter. So you either had the mirror flip down for reversing or heated - no setting for both at the same time. So just check the switch setting.

Reactions: Leebroath
so after a few weeks of driving it, im more than happy with the ride. Yes, it is a sporty ride, but not ruined

Reactions: Leebroath
standard suspension - I forget the exact brand - I'll have a look tomorrow in the daylight.

After consideration I've decided to not go for the A7 55 S Line. Too many stories on here of rattles and I find myself very irritated by anything like that. So decided to pass despite a really good deal on the table.

Reactions: h1r4