2018 A6 hands free Bluetooth with iPhone 12

Scott8586

Reaction score
I recently got an iPhone 12, iOS 14, and I cannot connect the iPhone via hands free profile to our 2018 A6. It was fine with my old iPhone XS. The iPhone 12 only connects with the audio player profile - I can play music, but not otherwise use the phone through the car.
I have factory reset the Bluetooth part of MMI, and restarted the MMI. I have wiped the old Bluetooth linking on the phone, and hard rebooted the phone, but before I start resetting various aspects of the phone...

1). Does anyone have an iPhone 12 iOS 14 working with an 2018 A6 hands free Bluetooth (the ability to make and receive calls on the car system)? Did you have to do anything special to get the hands free profile to connect? I want to hear “yes it works for me” - that would indicate I need to dig deeper on resetting/configuring the phone...

2) alternatively is there a known update to the MMI that I might need to get? How can I tell if I have the most recent version of the MMI software?

Our MMI version is MHI2_US_AU57x_P3327

Thanks for any help!

Have absolutley no issues connecting my iPhone 12 with the car.

Yes it works for me, on both of my iPhone 12 Mini and iPhone 12 Pro. Are you not using the latest iOS version 14.4? That might be your issue, if you're still using iOS 14.0

Also be aware, that if using Apple CarPlay then regular bluetooth handsfree doesn't work anymore, ie all calls go through CarPlay.

As a last resort, i would take the car to the dealers and ask them to update the MMI, if any update available. It looks like you're in the US so the MMI versions will be different there. I suggest also asking on the US based Audizine forum
https://www.audizine.com/forum/foru...-A7-S7-RS7?s=77ee9f2f11e02d0af4f8a20fb712eebe