2018 400+bhp RS3 Saloon confirmed ?

Late 2017 lol ... that will annoy a few that were waiting for it this year.

Not convinced by the look of the front end on that car ( if that's the facelift ) it looks a bit awkward to me & the lines don't flow, especially the alu' pack splitter onto the fog light area.

Matrix lights, more power & virtual cockpit will be nice additions yes but looks wise, I'm pleased I'm getting the current model, which has been styled spot on from day one. Sometimes I think they facelift for the sake of it and not always for the better.

Reactions: Eigdoog, VAG_Club001, Terminator x and 2 others
oh dear oh dear not very pretty is it ...

Rs3 facelift yuk

Reactions: Terminator x and Rob2k68
Yes it's a nice Audi, engine is the main seller. Looks are 'OK'

Audi really needs to up their game with RS models. In comparison, the BMW M3 is so much more menacing and looks more aggressive, has a lot more flare, wider arches, deep dish wheels, sits lower, even the mirrors have attention to detail. Look at the line down the whole side, leading the little side vent :blink:

I will certainly be considering a change when the S3 term is up. The BMW M models win on exterior looks but I can't get over how dated the dash and dials look compared to Audi... It would actually stop me buying the car, they're that unflattering.

All IMO that is...:kissing:

Alpine-White-BMW-F80-M3-With-A-Remus-Exhaust-System-Installed-15.jpg

Reactions: billyali86 and Rob2k68
Holy toledo! If that is the actual facelift and the RS3 saloon I'll eat something I'm not supposed too!!

That. Is. Hideous.

In the name of the wee man, did they approve this design internally or just tell them to crack on? That face is awful. Looks like a Seat trying to look like an Audi.

Golf R420 or TTRS it is then.

As I said in the 8V A3/S3 section earlier -

Was hoping the new RS3 saloon would look more like this -

So disappointing :(

Reactions: Rob2k68, Terminator x and RGBARGEE
As I said in the 8V A3/S3 section earlier -

Was hoping the new RS3 saloon would look more like this -

So disappointing :(

Stop posting pictures of that car mate ... You are torturing yourself @ 'what could've been' ha ha :)

Reactions: Rob2k68, Terminator x and Bristle Hound
I think we need to wait and see more pictures, options and side and rear shots. They were never going to make the clubsport, it's too aggressive for Audi who have stated time and again that the S/RS cars are Q cars.
What it does show is that Audi are going for a corporate look across all the ranges with the same lines, lights etc. (note the new TTRS bumpers are very similar to the RS3 saloon pics).

Reactions: Rob2k68
RS cars should be aggressive with wider body and noticeable differences vs a basic A3 S-Line model.

output_3OOawB.gif

I wouldn't believe everything that's written, for starters why would they give it 400 bhp? Doesn't exactly leave much room for the RS4 which will be more expensive.
It's not pretty though is it

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
RS cars should be aggressive with wider body and noticeable differences vs a basic A3 S-Line model.

output_3OOawB.gif
Do you seriously think someone will mistake a boggo A3 for a RS3 :rtfm:

TX.

Reactions: 5pot and Snake Pliskin
Poster asked a question, asking for a view.

I posted a reply.

Simples.

That's how a forum works, no?

(I could have expanded on my reply, by explaining that a RS3 *is* a A3, but I thought I'd not mention it)

Reactions: CraigI, 45bvtc, u3sport and 2 others
And 450 bhp sounds better than 400 bhp? I don't get the point, Audi arnt known for their handling and im sure the RS3 saloon won't handle like an M2 but their not made to, the M2 was always going to out handle the A45 and RS3 because the merc and Audi weren't built with handling specifically in mind they were built to use their power everyday in any weather something the M2 will never be able to do, theyre are like chalk and cheese.
The latest RS4 had 450 but as we know a turbo engine will produce a lot more torque, the M4 for instance makes not much more bhp than the E92 but bags more torque and it mullers the E92.
If the saloon RS3 is the same price difference as the S3/S3 saloon but nearly 50bhp better off who would buy the sportback?

hmmm testing in the USA ... I wonder if the RS3 saloon will be USA only ?

That would seriously annoy some people hoping for a saloon in the UK or Europe ... which may remain sportback only.

Poster asked a question, asking for a view.

I posted a reply.

Simples.

That's how a forum works, no?

(I could have expanded on my reply, by explaining that a RS3 *is* a A3, but I thought I'd not mention it)

@veeeight - You must be a BAD man but I like you; how is it that straight replies/answers, especially yours, aren't taken at face value?

Maybe you shouldn't reply to this
:hi:

Reactions: veeeight
Sometimes folks get hung up about one aspect of a car... looks, handling, performance, overall proposition... bit like women really.. how many women do you judge on their track day performance...?? For me the RS3 is pretty damn good.

Reactions: Terminator x, 45bvtc and Snake Pliskin

That would seriously annoy some people hoping for a saloon in the UK or Europe ... which may remain sportback only.

No it's coming to rest of world too, providing the regional distributors opt for it.

Reactions: u3sport, SHOTTA GTR, Eigdoog and 3 others

Think it's because the US market is the most challenging and most demanding in terms of crash testing - after that the engineering for rest of world is easier. Plus the climate may also play a part too.

Think it's because the US market is the most challenging and most demanding in terms of crash testing - after that the engineering for rest of world is easier. Plus the climate may also play a part too.

Yeah possibly ... there's no reason to think the rs3 saloon won't come to the uk & Europe as the a3 & s3 saloon are already here.

My only thought was that the USA does favour saloons and Audi only released the last rs3 as sportback in the uk.

It does look better in the video above but I'm still not sold on the new design alu pack ... but it may grow on us.

Hopefully more details will be released at Geneva.

I will consider a black edition in 3 years :)

WOW. In that video it looks very nice and 2.5T upgrade to 400HP confirmed! In production for US -> MY2017.

That photos and now video seem deliberated to create hype. Official presentation in a few days in Geneva is very probable, some reliable car news sites are telling it.

Definitely looks a lot better in the video, would prefer it with bsp thou. Better get saving, hopefully we'll get it here.

confirmation RS3 saloon release is August 2017 so a long wait Guys ...

Audi

As if it does... I think you are mistaken with S3.

My sister has a new A3 S Line, and parked next to mine it looks like a similar but very different car.

And my mate has a Daytona S3, it's a nice car but is no head turner. No comparison to the RS... he drools over mine.

August 2017, NOOO! :-( I hope this doesn't relate to the Sportback facelift too.

confirmation RS3 saloon release is August 2017 so a long wait Guys ...

View attachment 81444

That table is for US releases.
EU releases are about 6/8 months before, from my info:

• Audi S4 / S4 Avant (Early 2016)
• Audi A3 / S3 / RS3 facelift (Early 2016)
• Audi SQ7 (Early 2016)
• Audi Q7 e-tron (spring 2016)
• Audi Q1 (spring 2016)
• Audi A4 allroad (summer 2016)
• Audi R8 Spyder (summer 2016)
• Audi TT RS Coupe (summer 2016)
• Audi A5 / S5 Coupe (September 2016)
• Audi A5 / S5 Sportback (late 2016)
• Audi Q5 / SQ5 (late 2016)
• Audi A5 / S5 Cabrio (early 2017)
• Audi RS 3 saloon (early 2017)
• Audi A6 (spring 2017)
• Audi A7 (2017)
• Audi A8 (2017)
• Audi R8 V6 (2017)

Something going here:...

aEXcDvd.jpg

Reactions: Bristle Hound
There are rumours going around that the RS3 Sportback Facelift has been presented to Dealers in Dresden a few weeks ago.
Although I don't know whether I should believe that or not.

The RS3 would have had a very short life-cycle if that was true.

I think the Geneva Motorshow will clear some things up regarding the A3 series.

Press days for Geneva Motor Show are 1 & 2 march.

Day 1, 09:05am (CET): Premiere of new Audi Q2.