2017 S5 Coupe - What Temp does your car run at?

Chimp

Reaction score
Hi

I have read a thread in the B9 A4 forum and wondering if my car is having a problem. I have noticed over the end of last week and weekend that my car's start stop has not worked, just get the not available symbol, I assumed it was because I had heated rear screen and stuff on and the weather getting colder etc.

Yesterday I have the temp controls on LO as normal but not A/C and the air was warmer than normal I believe.

But also noticed that the fans are running well past switching off engine and the temp gauge in traffic was over 100 the other day.

I seem to remember it not getting over 90?-95?

I have vagcom/odb 11 so will check for codes tonight when I get home but wondering if I can just call Audi Assist and report it? Or would I have to wait until dealer has a courtesy car/slot available?

Mines at 90 constantly once warmed up, never seen it go over. Even in the summer.

Just remember that if you've set you CC to 'LO' then that will prevent the start/stop from operating anyway..

On occasion my S5 Sportback gets to 95 when using "S" for some fun, but usually a few degrees lower. Don't often see it above 87 when footling around.

It did get to 100 when driving in France in temps of 40+, but never seen it in the UK.

My S5 sits around 95 and pops over 100 when I boot it in sport for an extended period. But lower in winter on shorter runs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine sits at 88-90 in normal conditions fairly steady, had it past 100 when you push it hard but that's to be expected.

OK so it seems that it might be on the normal side regarding oil temps etc. I didn't see any errors using ODB11 apart from the exhaust plugs being unplugged :) but I assume that Start/Stop is just because of the weather changes being colder over last few weeks or so... maybe it doesn't work in the winter lol!

From what i've read elsewhere / other forums, I think it primarily monitors the draw on the electrical system and /or the system voltage (which is effectively same thing, give or take) and if the system believes the current load can't be maintained by battery alone for a period (no idea what though), it won't shut off the engine.
I've sat in queues with engine off / on / off again as it maintains voltage.
Generally winter places higher load (lights, heating, demisters, seat heaters, etc, etc.) on the system, so less likely to cut out.

So I was on duel carriage way sitting around 70-80 and the oil temp was around 92-95 when I overtook something for a 40 second blast it noticed it went up to 108 and then hovered around 102-3 so I will keep an eye on it.

I don't know how well the oil gauge on MMI works/senses but I remember thinking that the oil hadn't moved from full since it's service back at 19k (now on 25K) but in last week it's dropped a quarter on gauge.

I've had mine up to 115C after a good hooning but it quickly comes down again as you resume a more sedate pace