2017 S5 Coupe- What Oil?

Chimp

Reaction score
Hi

I don't have the manual handy and not near the car for a good few hours but wanted to get some oil on the way home as I didn't get any in the car when new.

The MMI is showing just under half on the scale... figured a top up is needed.

Car has 11.5k miles on the clock so burning a little oil!

Also is it true that there isn't a dip stick on these cars now?

Upload 2017 10 31 15 33 32

Hope this helps.

Hi

I don't have the manual handy and not near the car for a good few hours but wanted to get some oil on the way home as I didn't get any in the car when new.

The MMI is showing just under half on the scale... figured a top up is needed.

Car has 11.5k miles on the clock so burning a little oil!

Also is it true that there isn't a dip stick on these cars now?
Hi mate, best bet is to put your reg in here and it will tell you! Use the discount code advertised as well https://www.eurocarparts.com/

I got coolant from there for my S3, the guy at Audi said it's fine! So I can't see a problem with the correct grade oil from them.

Didn’t you get some in your boot when you bought it? I have a litre in there I think (unused as yet)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: S32B
I didn't have a top up in the boot no, unless its under the spare wheel... haven't lifted that out yet.

I check that website and it didn't recognise the model of my car or reg...

It seems it should be 05w30 Longlife. I will be going for the Castrol Edge Professional version.

Thanks for the help :salute:

Reactions: SRB93
I didn't have a top up in the boot no, unless its under the spare wheel... haven't lifted that out yet.

It seems it should be 05w30 Longlife. I will be going for the Castrol Edge Professional version.

Out of context, but how are liking the S5 Coupe?

Get mine at the end of November! :D

Really enjoying it! The interior and tech are great, handling feels more stable than the S3 and looks great!

Although I think it is VERY juicy on fuel and will get it checked soon 23.5mpg in eco on a pretty straight road seems way off the "expected" and realistic (S3 and TTRS @ 410bhp before).

It also seems to rattle from the rear speaker shelf/Passenger & Drivers door and I have noticed today the supersport seat on drivers side plastic/matt effect part is being scratched buy the seat back... will get them to look at it too!

Yeah I got 1lt of oil in a nice leather bag which sticks to the side of the car/boot, I got one in the S3 and it the A5! In fact I have the oil from the S3 here...where are you located? If you need a top up you can have that.

Last edited:
It has to be a high quality oil to remain a thermally stable 20 grade , so must contain a decent percentage of to group 5 ester oil base , along with it's high concentration additive package of detergents and dispersents that will keep the oil in better nick than ordinary at 6k , 8k or 10k+.

This 20 grade will give maximum mpg , power and torque through less drag .

However there's disadvantages with it's availability and price Vs LongLife III 504.00 507.00.

Reactions: cata_adc
Thx @Gazwould for the reply
Been thinking is like this but why do people put 5W30 when doesn’t meet the 508/509 spec ...

Also I’ve seen that just Castrol does this 0W20 specification for now as I am a Mobil 1 consumer they recommend

EB03AE67 3C19 4334 891C BE4D7B61A150