2017 S4/S5 Super Sport Seats and things

Chimp

Reaction score
Hi All

Sorry to post in here as I have an 2017 S5 Coupe. I know that there isn't many who have taken delivery yet and the seats are the same in the S4.

I have noticed (don't know if it's meant to) but when I start the car the side bolsters move in to the level I programmed them to but the lumbar doesn't. If I drive off about 4 minutes later the drivers one returns to where I programmed it.

Another question is about the programmable button on the steering wheel. I had this on my old S3 and now in the S5 to drive select to allow quick access. It appears to work fine, apart from when I have my Iphone connected and in carplay mode.

Anyone else notice this?

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
I've noticed the same on mine regards seats. And also the programmable button I've found glitchy If I have a issue with it I tend to hold it and set it again to drive select then it usually doesn't have any issues for a while. I'm yet to see anyone who doesn't use that button for drive select haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
I've noticed the same on mine regards seats. And also the programmable button I've found glitchy If I have a issue with it I tend to hold it and set it again to drive select then it usually doesn't have any issues for a while. I'm yet to see anyone who doesn't use that button for drive select haha

So true. Haha. Yeah just hold it in when it doesn't work. I got that off these lads when it happened to me

Reactions: Nath.S4
Hi All

Sorry to post in here as I have an 2017 S5 Coupe. I know that there isn't many who have taken delivery yet and the seats are the same in the S4.

I have noticed (don't know if it's meant to) but when I start the car the side bolsters move in to the level I programmed them to but the lumbar doesn't. If I drive off about 4 minutes later the drivers one returns to where I programmed it.

Another question is about the programmable button on the steering wheel. I had this on my old S3 and now in the S5 to drive select to allow quick access. It appears to work fine, apart from when I have my Iphone connected and in carplay mode.

Anyone else notice this?

Had exactly same issue with that button in my fl s3, my s4 seems fine up to now. Seats do the same as yours though

Hi All

Anyone else notice this?

The lumbar cushion on mine sometimes doesn't inflate until about half an hour into a journey. It does vary though and sometimes works straight away. When my car was in for something else at the dealers, they had a look and said they couldn't find anything wrong with it. I'm hoping a future software update will sort it out - doesn't bother me too much though.

With yours, is it always about 4 minutes? It might be worth checking in the settings - in the seat menu there's something like "easy entry", maybe if you untick that, the lumbar will inflate straight away.

Is this because you boys aren't fat enough to register in the seat!?
On my 2 test drives, the cushions reacted to my fat *** straight away!

Reactions: Dave70, pierreluigi88 and Nath.S4
With yours, is it always about 4 minutes? It might be worth checking in the settings - in the seat menu there's something like "easy entry", maybe if you untick that, the lumbar will inflate straight away.

I checked the setting over the weekend and I think that has fixed it. Although the side bolsters don't fully come back to last position. Buy good enough! thanks.