Q5 2017 Q5 Convenience Key Lock/Unlock Not Working

anonymous

Reaction score
Hey there,

I have a 2017 Q5 and have had it for years. A month ago the battery died on my key fob, so the fob wasn't working for anything. Before it totally died, the keyless entry wasn't working and the fob was only working within short distances, until it finally died.

I bought a battery and changed it and now I can use the fob buttons normally and can start the car with the push button (rather than inserting the key) but I still can't unlock the car automatically by pulling the handle. I've changed the battery in the fob many times before and never had this issue.

Does anyone know how to make the keyless lock and unlock feature work again? Or why that aspect of the convenience key wouldn't work, but the button start would?

Thanks in advance for your help.

(Someone who knows nothing about cars)

There is an option in the MMI which can disable keyless entry. It should be in the "Car" menu, I'd start there.

Does your tailgate open on the touch sensitive external switch, or only from the remote fob? If the external switch is inactive that might point towards keyless entry being disabled as @DaveW suggests.

There is an option in the MMI which can disable keyless entry. It should be in the "Car" menu, I'd start there.
1F1C3553 E3E6 4853 97D4 ECDB49E3B7B4

I have gone through that, and have it set like this. Which seems correct?

Attachments

• 2B98759A-F5B0-48EF-A8B2-8E1147F7EF8C.jpeg
    2B98759A-F5B0-48EF-A8B2-8E1147F7EF8C.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 64
The tail
Does your tailgate open on the touch sensitive external switch, or only from the remote fob? If the external switch is inactive that might point towards keyless entry being disabled as @DaveW suggests.
gate still opens with the little button even when the car is locked. It’s just the doors that don’t.