2017 A3 EPC Light on

Scott Petrie

Reaction score
Hi
Whilst driving down the road today the EPC light came on and said revs max limit 4000rpm. Any ideas what this could be? Its a 2017 A3, s tronic, only 23,000 miles, never had any issues with it. The car has only been used once since christmas eve because of the snow we’ve had, dont know if that makes any odds?
Thanks

Its gone into Limp Mode unfortunately - EPC light stands for Electronic Power Control
It takes quite a lot of issues or multiple of the same issue to go into Limp mode normally but indicates and issue with the Throttle, Ignition system or sensor related - so basically very broad
Ultimately you will need to get it scanned to see what the actual issue or problem is related to

The light only comes on if I rev it hard. Otherwise the light isnt on but revs are limited. Is there a way to clear/reset it or does it need plugged in? Its due in the dealer tomorrow for some ongoing warranty work but this new issue wont be covered as warranty ran out in September.

Took the car into dealer today to have the other ongoing warranty work looked at again. They have scanned it for the fault. Apparently the turbo has gone and needs replacing. £1100!!! Weird thing is the car has been stuttering and lacking power since Ive had it. It was reported and I was told it was a known issue and a software update would be coming out. Its had a few software updates since but was never told what for. I got told today it last had an update last March which “should have fixed the issue but some A3’s may still judder”. Well now the turbos gone and theyre saying warranty wont cover it so I should contact Audi UK! Cheers!