2017 A3 2.0 TFSI Quattro - remap options?

akz786

Reaction score
Hi

As above it a 2017 tfsi 2.0 which I believe is the 190BHP variant, has an s-tronic gearbox.

Anyone had experience with a good reputable remap company?

I was looking at Revo, but seems they are still in development phase for this model...

Thanks
A

Do these flag up on the ECU if Audi were to have a look? Always fancied one but concerned about possible warranty issues.

A tuning box doesn't access the ECU, however what could be, and I mean a big could be, are physical signs a box has been fitted. I have had two Audi's with tuning boxes fitted, and there are many other Audi owners in here and other VAG manufactured vehicles that have had them fitted without them being detected. However a remap will be detected...

Other things to be aware as cake2u said is that signs of wear on the sensor plugs is a dead give away a tuning box has been plugged in, also the ecu/other electronics has stored values and if Audi looked carefully enough they could see certain values have exceeded manufacturers tolerances. Normally boost and fuel pressure will be the first place they look as that’s the only way to get more power. Good thing is these are supposedly temporary and have low memory so in theory driving around for a week or so should clear these values. That’s only if your car is drivable.
There are always risks when messing with a car. Audi is right not to honour a warranty repair if you blow engine or gearbox if the car has been messed about with.

Stick a dtuk tuning box in it, increase ps to 240 and torque to 400Nm. I have one in my car, same engine, and it makes a tremendous difference...
https://www.diesel-performance.co.u...wards/2-0-tfsi-quattro-190ps140kw-1984-ccm-4/

Thanks, I have seen a few variants of these and remember tdi-tuning, from my mk4/5 days.

Any reason why you went with this specific manufacturer?

Its a big claim to make 50 odd BHP from a box, but then again I suspect the engine is hugely restricted in the first place.

Any issues with smoke, fuelling etc? whats MPG like now for you?

Ta
A

I went with DTUK as @ABYSS is a AS site sponsor and owns the company. He is very approachable and always happy to answer any questions..
No issues with the box whatsoever however, as most of my mileage is urban, I would say there is much of a difference, just more fun to drive..

Other things to be aware as cake2u said is that signs of wear on the sensor plugs is a dead give away a tuning box has been plugged in, also the ecu/other electronics has stored values and if Audi looked carefully enough they could see certain values have exceeded manufacturers tolerances. Normally boost and fuel pressure will be the first place they look as that’s the only way to get more power. Good thing is these are supposedly temporary and have low memory so in theory driving around for a week or so should clear these values. That’s only if your car is drivable.
There are always risks when messing with a car. Audi is right not to honour a warranty repair if you blow engine or gearbox if the car has been messed about with.
I'm not cake but cuke lol...

Reactions: AlS3BE
The 2.0 tfsi 190ps is found in various Audi VW Seat etc and is based on the ea288 and responds very well for tuning.

As for Audi seeing changed data, I’m yet to find or see any evidence to back this up.

I can however look at our database of customers whom have tuned their Audi’s with us and whom have had no issues at all with their warranty.

I can then also look at the various new Audi’s we’ve bought and sold back to Audi over the last 5 years (several S and RS models in the last 18 months) that have all been scanned and checked on ODis upon their return and no signs of anything or no warranty issues/

Installation on the 2.0 190 is really easy as all 3 plugs are easily accessed once the bonnet is opened and the engine cover is removed

Reactions: cuke2u
Thanks for all the replies guys, some nice options there to look into...
Has anyone got experience with a JB4 vag tuning box?

Seems there's more remap options available for this model now, anyone got any experience?

Installation on the 2.0 190 is really easy as all 3 plugs are easily accessed once the bonnet is opened and the engine cover is removed

I though one connection had to be made from underneath after jacking up the car. It was this that put me off getting a box for Mrs Mustards SEAT Leon 190 this.