2016 S3 Sportback - annoying rattle from dash

mdfwrestler

Reaction score
Hi,

I picked up a used 2016 S3 8V last week and have an annoying rattle/buzz coming from the dash - any ideas on this...

Apologies for the background noise hopefully you'll hear the buzz/rattling....

Sorry - forgot to add a video link -

Last edited:
I have the same on a 8 month old s3. whenever I put box into sport something buzzes around 2-3000 rpm somewhere around the drivers side of dash, maybe door. Driving me mad but don't trust taking it to Audi dealer

Need more specific info but common areas are the knee airbag cover beside the headlight switch or the dashboard air vent to the right of the steering wheel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hi everyone - thanks for the welcome...

I forgot to include a video link on the rattle/buzz coming from the dash - now added to my post.

The sound is most prominent in the dash by the cluster virtual cockpit with occasional buzz from the driver side speaker.

After searching other threads culprits could be the artificial Active Sound pumped into Cabin, balancing/alignment of wheel or a lose wheel nut, bearings, climate fan, or prop shaft...

Quite a verity, I’m booked in to my local dealer next week (for what it’s worth)...

Hi everyone - thanks for the welcome...

I forgot to include a video link on the rattle/buzz coming from the dash - now added to my post.

The sound is most prominent in the dash by the cluster virtual cockpit with occasional buzz from the driver side speaker.

After searching other threads culprits could be the artificial Active Sound pumped into Cabin, balancing/alignment of wheel or a lose wheel nut, bearings, climate fan, or prop shaft...

Quite a verity, I’m booked in to my local dealer next week (for what it’s worth)...

Let me know what it is if they find it please ? If I get chance I’m going to turn the sound actuator off the weekend to see if that is where it’s coming from

Noise has just started in my car, was wondering if you got the problem fixed?

I have the same on a 8 month old s3. whenever I put box into sport something buzzes around 2-3000 rpm somewhere around the drivers side of dash, maybe door. Driving me mad but don't trust taking it to Audi dealer

Mine did this also. Disabled the soundaktor with vcds and it dissappeared.

I have same on passengers side, always something slightly rattling when driving above 70mph..
It will be cables loose slightly touching plastics or plastic touching plastic.
Remember sound in car reflects so it can be everywhere.. it is crazy I know..

Not trying to be funny folks but Have you removed all the crap from glovebox, armrest etc?
I had a weird rattle in the car for ages and couldn’t find it then figured out it was my sunglasses rattling in it’s case in my armrest. It only happened at certain revs or over rough roads as somehow it resonated and caused the glasses to vibrate.

Mine was more from the right hand side than the centre. I disabled with vcds, module A9 and turned volume down to 0%.

How did you manage this ?having the same issue on acceleration somewhere from middle top drivers side dash.

Mine was more from the right hand side than the centre. I disabled with vcds, module A9 and turned volume down to 0%.

Try removing the multi function switch bar (2 radio keys) the cable to this takes a strange route through a small gap in the dash metalwork, if it is this then you can wrap some foam tape or something similar round it where it passes through the gap
Multifunction switch bar out s

8v A3/S3/RS3 Dash rattle FINALLY REVEALED. It was the driver seat compartment flap

Reactions: Potterswheel