1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

2016 RS6 Avant Sat Nav update.

RS3 S. Feb 4, 2020

1. RS3 S.

RS3 S. Well-Known Member

My car has the MMI which needs the nav upgrade done by an SD card which needs to be done at the dealers so i'm told?. Anyone had there's done & a price if possible please?.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. gary3306

gary3306 Well-Known Member Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

I know this thread is a bit old now, but wondered if you'd got sorted. I was quoted £376 from the dealer, and that was for the firmware update and 2019/2020 map upgrade. There is a guy on here, @DJAlix who does exactly this at a fraction of the dealer price. I also had Audi Smartphone activated on mine. He is in London whereas I am in the North East. I removed my MMI head unit, sent it off to him and had it back two days later, fully upgraded. Absolute first class service. If you haven't had it done yet, Alex is your man

paul wev likes this.
  4. RS3 S.

RS3 S. Well-Known Member

Hi Gary. Thanks for that,i did get the maps updated at the dealers was under £300.00, a lot but i needed it doing. I want the Smartphone activated on mine, Samsung S9,i take it you can then use waze & google earth maps etc?. How easy is it to remove the MMI unit please?. Years ago i would have had a go at most things but these days prefer to pay to have things done.

Bulldog likes this.
  5. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Where are you located?

6. RS3 S.

RS3 S. Well-Known Member

............Harrogate North Yorks.

7. DJAlix

DJAlix VAG Car Coding™ Limited Site Sponsor Gold Supporter VCDS Map User VAG Can Professional ODIS (Offboard Diagnostic System)

Doh! Bit far from me unless you fancied a drive to London

8. RS3 S.

RS3 S. Well-Known Member

......yeah bit to far mate,600+ mile round trip sadley.

9. DJAlix

I have a guy in Manchester who could help with the updates / activations, unless you would like to post the unit down.

10. RS3 S.

RS3 S. Well-Known Member

Alix,the guy in Manchester is a lot closer to me. Could you please give me his details?.