Q7 2016 Q7 with front and rear UTR fitted

Peter Hoad

Reaction score
I just purchased the Q7 2 months ago. It had the UTR fitted from new. When I got it there was no sd card fitted so I bought one and fitted it. UTR then worked - no problems. Just managed to get the AP to connect my Iphone 6 to the UTR wireless system. After it connected to my phone the AP said I had to do a firmware update.
So I did that and after about 4 to 5 minutes it said "firmware update completed successfully. Next thing both the led's on the front camera started to flash wildly for about 10 to 12 seconds and then the UTR shut itself down completely and I can't turn it on at all.
Can anyone help me please?

There is a UTR TPI, revision number 2055132/1. Maybe a firmware issue if it only happened after the update, you could try this as stated in the TPI.

A UTR firmware update was interrupted and the UTR no longer works. What can I do?
Go to: http://econes.de/AUDI/UTR/AUDIUTR.BRN
Download the latest UTR firmware (BRN file). Save the file on the SD card and insert it into the UTR again. Then switch on the ignition so that the UTR updates to the new firmware.

Reactions: mxnrg
There is a UTR TPI, revision number 2055132/1. Maybe a firmware issue if it only happened after the update, you could try this as stated in the TPI.

A UTR firmware update was interrupted and the UTR no longer works. What can I do?
Go to: http://econes.de/AUDI/UTR/AUDIUTR.BRN
Download the latest UTR firmware (BRN file). Save the file on the SD card and insert it into the UTR again. Then switch on the ignition so that the UTR updates to the new firmware.
Thanks Andy. I will try that when I get back home next week. Cheers, Pete

Hi again Andy.
Do you know where I can get a copy of that UTR TPI, revision number 2055132/1 from by any chance.
Cheers
Pete

Hi Pete, I got it from the erWin Audi site. I registered and paid for a day and downloaded a number of things like the repair manuals for my car, you can also use the site to check for outstanding recalls using your VIN. The TPI is basically a Q&A for some common queries that customers might have.

Hi again Andy. I registered on erWin site. I couldn't find a link there to TPI's anywhere. Do I need to pay a subscription to be able to see the TPI's?
I'm not a very computer literate person so I could use some help.
Cheers
Pete