2016 meets, shows and events ideas/suggestions

Reaction score
Hi guys, just putting up this thread as somewhere you an all post your suggestions as to what kind of meets and events you'd all like to have in 2016.

Although it's down to myself, @BrennanTDi and @Sandra to organise the events, we would love you guys to be more involved and have a greater input into deciding what we do throughout the year.

We will be repeating the majority of 2015's meets and shows, and hopefully will be attending more events with Belfast and Portadown Audi as well.

I have a few ideas myself that I'll post below in this thread and hopefully you guys like them!

I look forward to hearing your suggestions and using your input to help organise the year ahead.

RC

Reactions: ruairi83 and Brennan
Closer to Dublin for the Southern Folks!? Even on the Border

Reactions: RyanCudlip
Okay guys, I've had an idea for 2016 which I think will help involve a lot more members and in a more personal way that our meets or events would.

Being interested in the car show scene, I follow various groups such as Ilovebass and Letstance who do regular features on cars throughout the year. Unfortunately, the cars that sites like this feature are all extremely modified and are usually dedicated show cars which means that more normal cars like a lot of our members get missed out.

What I'm proposing here is we do a spotlight feature of a different member's car every fortnight. This feature would comprise of a few words from the owner and a few from either myself or @BrennanTDi along with some photos of the car at a location convenient to the owner.

As always, you'll not be forced into this, but I think it will appeal to a lot of our members and will help us all identify each other's cars better!

Let me know what you all think, and please post up some ideas of your own!!

Good idea with the members spotlight feature thing! Gives people a chance for some recognition with their cars were normally wouldnt get it from other places as its not modified enough etc. Though every fortnight maybe a bit soon? wouldn't take long firing threw the members, plus leaving it for a month gives you more time to organise each shoot/words etc.

More regular meet ups would be good as not everyone makes it to shows etc, maybe some more action type ones Karting, paintballing or something could be fun?

Reactions: Sandra and RyanCudlip
Good idea with the members spotlight feature thing! Gives people a chance for some recognition with their cars were normally wouldnt get it from other places as its not modified enough etc. Though every fortnight maybe a bit soon? wouldn't take long firing threw the members, plus leaving it for a month gives you more time to organise each shoot/words etc.

More regular meet ups would be good as not everyone makes it to shows etc, maybe some more action type ones Karting, paintballing or something could be fun?

How often the spotlight is done will depend on how many are interested I guess. We could do 2 or 3 cars in one shoot if some of the members live far away to save multiple long journeys.

More regular meets are definitely on the cards, and karting would definitely be considered too.

Reactions: Jamesc_89
Thats true! yeah and can shoot the cars at the meets if need be (obviously take them off to the side, location/weather depending) More than welcome to shoot mine when its ready :p

I could add on a regional rep for the southern guys if that would help out with organising meets in the south. Let me know.

Reactions: RyanCudlip and Brennan
Closer to Dublin for the Southern Folks!? Even on the Border

+1 for this. I know quite a few Audi enthusiasts down south who would be all over this, preferably on a weekend with a bit of decent weather.

Also, great idea on the spotlight features for members. A lot of hard work goes into some members cars which doesn't get the recognition they deserve!

I could add on a regional rep for the southern guys if that would help out with organising meets in the south. Let me know.
I think it's something that should definitely be considered, to get the ball rolling down there.

I have noticed a rise in southern members recently, it's just unfortunate that we are up here as it makes it difficult to try and spread ourselves out.

Anything happening for Dubshed this year ? Like there was the stand last year ?

Anything happening for Dubshed this year ? Like there was the stand last year ?

I will certainly ask again but I'm pretty much sure the stand last year was a one off due to them celebrating 35 years of Quattro

I will certainly ask again but I'm pretty much sure the stand last year was a one off due to them celebrating 35 years of Quattro
If you need any assistance I will speak to john for you Aaron. :) x

Reactions: Brennan
You guys ask, if they only doing trade I will speak with John and see if my magic is working.
@RyanCudlip - Happy New Year.

Hello all new here and would also be interested if there is anything audi related for dubshed as debating the drive from dublin!

Thanks

Hello all new here and would also be interested if there is anything audi related for dubshed as debating the drive from dublin!

Thanks
Hi buddy. Unfortunately we are not showing as a club this year at dubshed due to their change in rules. Some of us are, however, entering individually.

Something in the southwest would be good, like the idea of the Kent meet (at Audi) but it's a bit far to be honest

Lol sorry didn't realise as did it on tapatalk, my bad

Ireland is too far too

Any pages on fb that us Audi heads can follow coming from n.ireland about meets and cruises ?

Any pages on fb that us Audi heads can follow coming from n.ireland about meets and cruises ?

There's nothing specifically for Audi's over here mate, but there's usually cruises/meets held in Carrick, SeaCat in Belfast and at Sprucefield just outside Lisburn. I'm sure there's more, but that's the main ones I know of. GTINI who run Dubshed have monthly meets I think, they're usually at applegreen on the M2 from what I remember

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Peter1985s
What about a few meets over the winter for coffee ?

Reactions: Anni1701, Jamesc_89 and Brennan